Memberlist Usergroups
Register
constant blocking of a player
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Bug Reports » constant blocking of a player
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:56 pm    Post subject: constant blocking of a player

this seems like a general problem to me:

Quote:
if you can easy leave 2.5k pengs at someones base for constant deletion of the base.
then the base is always destroyed.

his base will be killed every 24h. He cant put nothing in production since he doesnt have shipyard and when he logs in to put something in production he gets annihilated.

i think a solution would be, that we make the production queue available, even if your base was destroyed, thus you can create a base and automatically build some ships, when it done
 Back to top »
colinthecorgi
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject:

Yes, that sounds good.
You would lose your RC and SY once again (and, if you are foolish, your TWN twice more), but the ships would at least show up before they are destroyed a third time.
SpaceGamer
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:33 am    Post subject:

What about battle pause?

Does the shipyard rebuild after the battle pause ends or before? They both take 24 hours.

Does a battle take place if the shipyard is not there yet. Has this really worked?
 Back to top »
Durago
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:45 am    Post subject:

so.... is what you are saying..... you want to make it so that i could have all my mp used up, start a build queue for what would be all my mp, and after my shipyard would be destroyed it would still build and show up.

because it already does that, if your shipyard is blown up but has a build going, it still finishes.

you just have to rebuild the shipyard
colinthecorgi
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:02 am    Post subject:

If you have nothing building when the SY is destroyed, then as it is now you cannot place any orders for new ships until it is rebuilt.
This suggestion starts the build of new ships same time as SY is complete, so even tho the SY is destroyed again the ships will now be under production.

Concerning battle pause:
Yes, the BP and the SY build time are both 24hrs. Let's say that for some reason the BP ends just after the SY is built. You would have to sit on-line and be able to enter new build orders in the production line during a time period of less that one second. I don't think that is possible.
Also, f the pengs are placed there after your base is rubbed then there is no BP since there is no battle when the enemy fleet arrives.
Failtrip1
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:11 pm    Post subject:

I dont see this as a problem thou.
This I believe is the only way to really defeat someone in this game.Well to force him to surrender.Its is hard to do with same amount of MP.But with extra MP it could be possible to hold off friendly fleet coming to your aid and still be able to safe enough fire power to shut you down again.But in general I really dont think its any problem and besides it isnt used at all.As I said its not easy to do something like this.
Concerning battle pause,when you destroy some ones base you get 24 h battle pause with his base as well as with those ship that might be in production queue.So when BP expires 24h after you SY was destroyed enemy fleet simultaneously have a battle with your new SY so there is no way you can put anything in production before the battle it self.
If it would be up to me I wuuld leave it as it is.
zenachi
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject:

Failtrip1 wrote:
I dont see this as a problem thou.
This I believe is the only way to really defeat someone in this game.Well to force him to surrender.Its is hard to do with same amount of MP.But with extra MP it could be possible to hold off friendly fleet coming to your aid and still be able to safe enough fire power to shut you down again.But in general I really dont think its any problem and besides it isnt used at all.As I said its not easy to do something like this.
Concerning battle pause,when you destroy some ones base you get 24 h battle pause with his base as well as with those ship that might be in production queue.So when BP expires 24h after you SY was destroyed enemy fleet simultaneously have a battle with your new SY so there is no way you can put anything in production before the battle it self.
If it would be up to me I wuuld leave it as it is.

I agree with this.
You can also cancel the production of your shipyard and research lab in the production menu.
 Back to top »
Mighty
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:58 pm    Post subject:

I have a solution!

go get your brother to start player and create a new account with a start up fleet and attack the damn penguins! you could always ask shade to lend you one of his accounts too

AKA "Ace" (21 Apr 2008)
AKA "God" (29 Sep 2002)
AKA "SMod" (25 oct 2002)
Permanently inactive since - 20 Mar 2009
 Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Bug Reports » constant blocking of a player
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: