events instead of rounds
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Suggestions » events instead of rounds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Knight of Truth
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Admin! Tell us what rounds need! Money? Well donate! Programming? Lots of volenteers! Time? Wel wait! Come on! Give us rounds!

MicroJak wrote:

For fuck's sake would you both please stop fucking swearing!!!!
 Back to top »
Jort
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject:

The Farm

Once, on a planet, there was a farm. Suddenly a mothership came down in an emergency landing. The soldiers got outside the ships, and began to explore. The commander of the fleet waited days, and days, and days. After they didn't came after 200 days, he began to search for them. He came across the farm, and entered the house. He searched in every corner but suddenly he heard a strange noise. When he looked behind his back, he was attacked with a hammer on the back of his head.....
When he woke up, he saw little people, just an inch long, dancing on his belly. They cutted of meat of his belly and used it for a barbeque. When the cutted of the flesh again he screamed, and all the little people runned and paniced away. The barbeque falls on his belly and sets his belly on fire. Then the little firemen came in. They had helicopters and they started fighting the fire. When the fire stopped, the commander was taken to the farm again. Then, the leader of the small people walked to his head. The leader poked him in the eye with his walking stick. He spoke to him: "As the leader of this people, the Gruccigajejeje, i order you to leave now." The commander spoke. "Well, little fu.cktard, i'm one of the Spartans and Spartans don't tolerate party's on their belly's. I'm gonna kick your little a.ss!" "Fu ck off!", the leader spoke and the leader poked him in the other eye. "Guards" called the Spartan Commander. Nobody answered. Then all the little people started to laugh at him. Suddenly a scout from another ship appeared. He threw a grenade and runned away. All the little people were killed, but the commander was still alive. "Boss??!?!?" the scout spoke. "Yes" said the commander. "Let's launch a pod to our kingdom.
When they came to the kingdom, they found their homeworld ruined. The fu.cking 'It' was here appeared on a com-screen. We are going to planet 345-345PXX in system 55-99-PPiSs. The commander looked at the map and saw it was 8009440002888444374 LightYears away from their current position. "Holy c.rap! They must have thought it wasn't coming to there!"

At a random time....
The pod (a fighter) will travel from 500/500/51 to 400/600/500. It jumps from planet to planet. Somebody that has 5 Motherships in a fleet and goes to the pod, will receive 2500 points.
 Back to top »
mjx1
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject:

why not just hire stephen bloody king too program the game jort

anyway a farm is a word used too describe players with mass motherships in this game
"Although the constant shadow of certain death looms over everyday, the pleasures and joys of life can be so fine and deeply affecting that the heart is nearly stilled by astonishment" - Dean R Koontz
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Leonidas II
Commander
Commander

Post Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject:

lol what's wrong with steven king he wrote some nice books though

anyway i don't like the idea just send 5 ms to a pod and receive 2500 pfft to easy
 Back to top »
Jort
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject:

lowvoice, i mean a farm, with cows and such :S
 Back to top »
mjx1
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject:

Leonidas II wrote:
lol what's wrong with steven king he wrote some nice books though

anyway i don't like the idea just send 5 ms to a pod and receive 2500 pfft to easy

im a fan of stephen king what i meant was what jort wrote was practically stephen king
"Although the constant shadow of certain death looms over everyday, the pleasures and joys of life can be so fine and deeply affecting that the heart is nearly stilled by astonishment" - Dean R Koontz
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jort
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject:

oh'
i didn't know that
 Back to top »
spacetrace
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject:

no - no old-style rounds
(why? because spacetrace is a parralel universe which cannot be fragmented. it's like the real world ... it goes on and on !)

but :

histroic ages, and this will be like this:

there will be 3 months round-like time peroids. At the edn of this peroids will happen the following.

*** the leading alliance will be honored in a special hall of fame ***
this will lead to interesting alliance action and tension in the hot last phase of each age

*** the alliance that keeps the score planets at the exact time of the age-end. An extra score bonus will be given to that alliances ***
this will lead to some funky battles in the end of the age

*** some special task, missions, wich will be different every round. with some work we could build a task engine which will allow to build elaborated missions***

*** the following age will be named after the biggest/leading allliance (+ some other words ) example : domination of the gunslingers ... ***

these set of rules will lead to a tension at the end of the ages and will need coordinated alliance play. This should be the goal of spacetrace: to build game rules that support the alliance play.
 Back to top »
Rubens
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Thx spacetrace at least one change..I still want rounds back and i think your arguments are cheap.

Anyway attempting to those changes which i think are perfect just 1 think. What will happen to the top player? I think the name of the era should be awarded by the best player, not the alliance
 Back to top »
spacetrace
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject:

i wanted to shift the attention towards alliance play, but a top player should be announed too.

the other goals are much more impoortant as they could lead to coordinated allianced play and political action . (think of "stealing" top members of other alliances 2 days before end of age)

collecting score for single players may be fun , but the consequnces for alliance play are more interesting...
 Back to top »
Rubens
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Well i already did it the last round when the race to be the first alliance was asome.

Ok i think you should add, as always the top ten era.
And maybe the name of the era could be a combination of the best player and the best alliance.

Also its a good change so the "CTF" would be more important and i think we can now eliminate the "it of the travellers" that wont bring a good fight.
Of course we can use it as a mission
 Back to top »
spacetrace
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject:

another very important thing.

the new round system : historic ages will be installed soon.

one thing is left to say:

there will be a new alliance score count mechnism. score for the alliance is only counted for battles made by members, while they are in the alliance. the alliance scores will be reset to 0 at the beginning of every age.

-this way a player can work for his alliance one whole evolution even if the player starts a new account in the middle of the age.
-alliances can recruit players with negative score without drawback.
-alliances are more independent structures which will last longer than the evo-time of single players

at the end of an age alliance score will be presented. changing alliances at the end of the period will have no effect!

there will be a best player of actual round in the stats too.
additionally a total-alliance score will be placed in the hall of fame that is not reset on the beginning of a new era. so alliances can collect millions of score over years.

do not ask what your alliance can do for you, ask what you can do for your alliance!
 Back to top »
Rubens
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:23 am    Post subject:

spacetrace wrote:
another very important thing.

the new round system : historic ages will be installed soon.

one thing is left to say:

there will be a new alliance score count mechnism. score for the alliance is only counted for battles made by members, while they are in the alliance. the alliance scores will be reset to 0 at the beginning of every age.

-this way a player can work for his alliance one whole evolution even if the player starts a new account in the middle of the age.
-alliances can recruit players with negative score without drawback.
-alliances are more independent structures which will last longer than the evo-time of single players

at the end of an age alliance score will be presented. changing alliances at the end of the period will have no effect!

there will be a best player of actual round in the stats too.
additionally a total-alliance score will be placed in the hall of fame that is not reset on the beginning of a new era. so alliances can collect millions of score over years.

do not ask what your alliance can do for you, ask what you can do for your alliance!

Why do i always find a thing that i dont like it?

I think all is PERFECT just what we have asked a new style, a new ST and a better way to show your loyalty, now you wont appear as the best alliance if you change ur tag in the last day.

BUT, what the hell are you saying when you say "alliance for ever and millions of points?" What is the point about it? I think its not an usefull stat
 Back to top »
Spyder
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:07 am    Post subject:

Might I suggest making the roundlike time periods 4 months, ditto for evo, just to recapture that old spirit of having all your researches done at the height of war top player etc etc.

(Temporarily out of business)

Back to top »
spacetrace
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject:

all stats about all will collected in the hall of fame. the alliance stats will show the actual/round specific statistics.

soon a new round will begin. it will be named after the leading alliance: neutral zone?! or TFP ?

be prepared ...
 Back to top »
Anon De Mouse
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject:

HAve i got this right?

rounds are coming back

just as long as you dont *** out like you did against TO

Back to top »
Robert Roy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Plz let this last 1 more month I want to get a nice Hall Of Fame score [/img]
spacetrace
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject:

pls read carefully. there will be a round system,
a new alliance count mechanism.

alliance play will be played in rounds: reset of alliance score all 100 days.
rounds will be named after the winner of last round.
there will be a round specific single player score in the hall of fame, but scores of player will not be reset.

i will make soon an announcement to avoid confusion.
 Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Spyder wrote:
Might I suggest making the roundlike time periods 4 months, ditto for evo, just to recapture that old spirit of having all your researches done at the height of war top player etc etc.

My BIGGEST pet peeve with ST is the fact I never get to try out all the ships that are available to me in an evo. There is either too many ship..or...research times are too long ...or...evo was not long enough. My choice is the third option if I was to "fix" my problem.
 Back to top »
Connor McCloud
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject:

I will wait and see what happens , I like the Idee
Greetz Connor

Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Suggestions » events instead of rounds
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: