Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Suggestions » events instead of rounds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rubens
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Spyder wrote:
Might I suggest making the roundlike time periods 4 months, ditto for evo, just to recapture that old spirit of having all your researches done at the height of war top player etc etc.

May i be disagree? It would change ST a lot. Its not the same score that you get in 4 months that in 3. I already talked about the research little problem. Well the solution is to research just the ships needed for you. Then the priority of someships will be important.

Quote:
all stats about all will collected in the hall of fame. the alliance stats will show the actual/round specific statistics.

soon a new round will begin. it will be named after the leading alliance: neutral zone?! or TFP ?

be prepared ...
Are already you implementing the new system? If not i may change alliance or create a new one so the round will have another name...Dont supousexD!
Its good to have all the stats colected but i am still disagree on the idea of getting the alliance score bigger everyday. Which is th epoint of having 10 millions of points with different players?
 Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
May i be disagree? It would change ST a lot. Its not the same score that you get in 4 months that in 3. I already talked about the research little problem. Well the solution is to research just the ships needed for you. Then the priority of someships will be important.

I do not understand how it would change the game except make it better. Of course anyone with a previous high score could easily have that record threatened but to disagree for those reasons are purely selfish.
Now if I knew what each ship does and how it works, I would research nice combo's and forget about the rest.

Unfortunately, I don't know how each ship works and I do not want to "waste" valuable research time experimenting. Any disruption in my current research schedule would not allow me to develop certain combo's I do like and are familiar with.

I certainly not going to spend 5.5 days researching a Carrier and find out I need another 3.5 days to research a platform or module to go with it.
At that point I lose 8.5 days of research I could have been using to develop ships I am familiar with.
More time would allow more interesting combinations to be developed.

THe same thing could be accomplished by shortening the research times by a given percentage and allow more of the newly developed ships to enter into the game.

As it is now, the invent ship feature is almost useless as there is more ships in the stockpile of good ships waiting to be implimented than will ever see gameplay.

As Conner says...I'll just wait and see.
 Back to top »
spacetrace
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject:

interesting discussion, but wrong place
 Back to top »
Rubens
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject:

T2 wrote:
Quote:

I do not understand how it would change the game except make it better. Of course anyone with a previous high score could easily have that record threatened but to disagree for those reasons are purely selfish.
Now if I knew what each ship does and how it works, I would research nice combo's and forget about the rest.

Unfortunately, I don't know how each ship works and I do not want to "waste" valuable research time experimenting. Any disruption in my current research schedule would not allow me to develop certain combo's I do like and are familiar with.

I certainly not going to spend 5.5 days researching a Carrier and find out I need another 3.5 days to research a platform or module to go with it.
At that point I lose 8.5 days of research I could have been using to develop ships I am familiar with.
More time would allow more interesting combinations to be developed.

THe same thing could be accomplished by shortening the research times by a given percentage and allow more of the newly developed ships to enter into the game.

As it is now, the invent ship feature is almost useless as there is more ships in the stockpile of good ships waiting to be implimented than will ever see gameplay.

As Conner says...I'll just wait and see.

Ohh so sad

Its not selfish, now if the time is extended you can not compare your score with any score previous of anyplayer

If you dont know how works every ship just keep experimenting, thats the point, keep experimenting and then research. When you have more knowledge you will know which researchs are the only one that you need.
 Back to top »
kandos-
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject:

here are a couple of thoughts i have had whilst reading through this post:

1. Well in my experience, of playing online games, many a game has an "arena" or "holodeck" or "practicse simulation" or something like that.

Well what i am trying to say is, well spacetrace is a great game for the waiting type, but for someone like me, who sets off your fleets to their destintation and see's oh they have 7 hours till arrival. Then watch TV for what seems like an eternity come back and see they have 6 hours... well i need something to occupy me while i am online, or waiting for a fleet to reach it's destination.

Like a mini game of tailgunner or battletanks or blockade runner, or somthing that has a leaderboard, or mabey a vitual arena that you can practise your fleet setups and techiniques... it is just a thoug but i think it could work.

2. rounds, yes good, i look forward to their return, and i like the idea of the age of an alliance, it has a ring, alos it means people will see who is the best alliance!! good stuff!!

3. and now comes my idea for more effort on alliance play... it needs some lookability like pictures...

or an alliance notice board... or a page IN GAME for advertising alliances and this leads me to my last point...

4. YOU NEED A PERMANENT LINK TO ALLIANCE IN YOUR HQ!!! whether you are in an alliance or not, admin, you emphasize that this is an alliance based game, yet you have a small little link in the HQ page?!? i mean c'mon!?! You need an alliance page for people who are not in an alliance, which has advertising and alliance ranking, as well as the page you already have on statistics, but please re-name it from "alliance statistics" to "galaxy statistics". So when you are in an alliance, when you click alliance at the top of the HQ page it goes to your usual alliance page.

i don't think this requires much coding, a bit of changing here and a bit of modifying of URL's there.

but for once, i am not asking you admin, i am telling you these changes need to be made. i mean it is all well and good advertising but if you attract people to the game, and then they get bored or move along to some other online multiplayer game, what is the point?!?!

If this game has a future, which i believe it does, this kind of thing has to be changed. There are many willing people ready to take on programming problems to help on that frount, and to help with game advertising.

This game, in essence, has the makings of a great game that can enthrall and shock players who will undoubtably stick with the game for years to come. It is just small things like this that will help to add to the over all effect of the game.

I hope i am not coming across to strongly but i really think this game has the potential to be somthing really good. I also don't know what every one else thinks about my suggestions so post back and say what you think... after all freedom of speech and individual influence play a big part of the SpaceTrace experience!!

greetz
Martini

Conejo
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:36 am    Post subject:

I will admit that I was not around for the Rounds, but from everything I have heard/read on the forum, everyone wants them back. And am I to now understand that all your wishes are coming true (well.. Maybe not all..) and Rounds are returning?!?

Personally, being a new coming player (so I think maybe this has SOME bearing on the case) I tend to like the idea of Rounds (or maybe events like the supernova... without the alliance deal) because it is sort of an end point to reach. I like this game, and it truly has me drawn to it, but I feel like if nothing ever CHANGES other than points and a scoreboard... I fear that I will lose interest...

I understand evolution serves in some ways to change the general status quo, but (I could be mistaken) it doesn't change for everyone at the same time, so its not changing the universe, but rather just the individual player. I found this game after much searching and I found that it is quite enjoyable, except the only bone I have to pick with it is that I feel that I will get stuck in a routine or general status quo that will go relatively unchanged... thus leading to my (ADHD prescribed) boredom and finally of my giving up.

Personally, I don't care about the points or score, I care about playing against other players in an evolving changing environment that continually makes me think on my feet and adapt to the changes in the environment and my enemies.

Thanks for hearing me out and I hope all this works out. I suppose I will try to stay on top of this topic and see what will happen, I am greatly interested. I hope my post isn't so much spam as it is a newbie's perspective on this highly controversial subject.
Rubens
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:04 am    Post subject:

Nice words that the admins should read.

About kando's idea. Its too long to dicuss about, to me there is just 1 important point there. A battle simulation place. It is too good or too bad i cant make a decision, its goo to know what kind of thing could happen in a battle, too bad cuz you will discover everykind of strategy and some noobs may be confused when they see different scores doing the same battle(the random factor) and i dont know if it could be programmed. We already have the guest account too but its clear that is not enough because its not totally apart of our universe.

BTW Rabbit, well my wishes arent coming true. Indeed we will start a round system but a totally new one. But yes, it contains something that we all asked for and finally we were heard. Hope it wont happen what ppl always tell me...that in some time we will ask evo again.

In major changes of style of game i think that this could be called at least
Spacetrace 4ยบ faceXD
 Back to top »
kandos-
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject:

wise words CONEJO....

a new player yet very understanding. even the veterans can learn from the unbias view of a new player...
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Suggestions » events instead of rounds
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: