New FC bug
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Bug Reports » New FC bug
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Failtrip1
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: New FC bug

So I was FC ,changed FC to another member and still have 2.5k extra MP.So if I rotate flag in 1 week my ally can have 2.5k MP more per member and we can start war against hole server right?

Can we go back to way it was?
It was unnecessary update in my opinion.
Jack09
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Hey, thats what everyone wanted, people must have known that there could have been bugs, but thats what they wanteed.
Senor
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject:

i agree with mare,this update should be reverted or drastically changed. the fleet 3 with extra mp is like a crooked, buggy leg. it would be easier to defend your flag without it. i was for this change at first, but now...i liked the old FC system more.
 Back to top »
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:36 pm    Post subject:

you all got what you wanted by complaining about the drop 2 method...

I like the changes... keep 'em admin

works well (minus all the bugs of course) for an active alliance

PS... hmm... Senor moved his flag yesterday... wonder how long he was planning on playing with the extra MP without saying anything...

at least one player in game is an honest player...

The CGC still remains as a fair play alliance...
 Back to top »
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject:

its not a bug!

sure, you keep your extra MP as long as you are the FC

in 3 days you will lose your extra MP and all ships in your fleet 3 and only the NEW FC will have the extra MP
 Back to top »
Jack09
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject:

DragonLilly wrote:
you all got what you wanted by complaining about the drop 2 method...

I like the changes... keep 'em admin

works well (minus all the bugs of course) for an active alliance

PS... hmm... Senor moved his flag yesterday... wonder how long he was planning on playing with the extra MP without saying anything...

at least one player in game is an honest player...

The CGC still remains as a fair play alliance...

No Admin WTF, proof right here, i dont just do it.
Failtrip1
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject:

admin wrote:
its not a bug!

sure, you keep your extra MP as long as you are the FC

in 3 days you will lose your extra MP and all ships in your fleet 3 and only the NEW FC will have the extra MP

It only takes 36hours to change FC(another bug?).I changed FC for 3rd time.And still have extra MP.I lost some of it in a battle but still have ships in my base that belong to FC fleet.My new FC also got 2.5k MP more and now i again transferred FC back to me(3rd change)and wonder If i will have 2.5 K mp extra so I will have 10k all together.Time will tell
EDIT:
Just change it back to way it was.This is against principal of ST,all equal,remember?This makes lone wolf attacks on ally harder and not fair to them.

Last edited by Failtrip1 on Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject:

I, as well prefer the old way. If there was a problem, it was that an alliance could drop to 2 players and keep an opponent flag. This was a bug and the radical surgery was not needed IMO.
The result from my point of view is numerous bugs re-appearing and server drop outs.
This is for a modification that was not needed only the little bug needed fixing of the flag not automatically cashing in if membership dropped to 2 players.

I do not want or need 2500 extra mp to defend the flag. I certainly don't want to give up a fleet slot that I'm forced to sit at home with.

Sorry to b!tch but IMO the "improvements" were not really improving anything.
 Back to top »
Failtrip1
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject:

To add to T2 post.Drop method could be solved with changing alliance score system.You drop out before end of your evo score goes with you.
And combined with 3 days FC it is almost loophole free.
Inatic
Commander
Commander

Post Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject:

T2 wrote:
I, as well prefer the old way.

Senor wrote:
i agree with mare,this update should be reverted or drastically changed.

Failtrip1 wrote:
To add to T2 post.Drop method could be solved with changing alliance score system.You drop out before end of your evo score goes with you.
And combined with 3 days FC it is almost loophole free.

yes thank you....
i dont think anyone should have extra mp, it all needs to be equal, spacetrace is a game about BALANCE
and this new update is causing more problems, from what i hear i am not the fc and never have been, but i think you can defend your flag easily with the old mp.
 Back to top »
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject:

T2 wrote:
only the little bug needed fixing of the flag not automatically cashing in if membership dropped to 2 players.

- no, not the only bug: the second bug was, that it was possible to keep an opponent flag without a chance to win it back by constantly changing FC and deleting the old FC player account.

- i changed the delay to 3 days now (thought i did it already)

- the server dropouts have nothing to do with the changes. it is a problem on the server in general at the moment. maybe we have to move to a new server soon

- you don`t have to "sit at home" with your third fleet - you can fly to every ally and help defending

- at the moment you only keep the ships that were built with your extra 2500 mp that are in your base.
when you give away FC-Status, the mp are back to normal in your production screen.
 Back to top »
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Failtrip1 wrote:
Drop method could be solved with changing alliance score system. You drop out before end of your evo score goes with you.
which score would go with you?
 Back to top »
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Inatic wrote:
i dont think anyone should have extra mp, it all needs to be equal, spacetrace is a game about BALANCE
and this new update is causing more problems, from what i hear i am not the fc and never have been, but i think you can defend your flag easily with the old mp.
you DON`t have extra mp!
only some ships more than your mp could build, but you loose them fast. you can only build up to 5000 mp when you are not the FC
 Back to top »
Inatic
Commander
Commander

Post Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:08 pm    Post subject:

all im saying is that it was better the old way
 Back to top »
Failtrip1
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:33 pm    Post subject:

admin wrote:
Failtrip1 wrote:
Drop method could be solved with changing alliance score system. You drop out before end of your evo score goes with you.
which score would go with you?

Same as it is now,you collect points for your ally only when you are in one.But when you drop out of it,score goes with you(similar as it was before).So If you want to have score you need all your members for hole evo to stick with alliance in order for their score to be counted in an alliance score.
This would prevent account deletion as well as drop method.
Well it would prevent If alliance would care anything for their score.
If you get divorce in RL you also wont let everything to your wife you will take what is yours right?

admin wrote:

- at the moment you only keep the ships that were built with your extra 2500 mp that are in your base.
when you give away FC-Status, the mp are back to normal in your production screen.

But you get to keep those ships in your base.They are not recycled.So in theroy with my alliance I could get 15k extra MP just to defend my flag.True we would all have to sacrifice our thirs fleets for it but at practically no costs since we would have full MPs to fight on.
And Im not sure If I can or cant move third fleet around if im not FC.Still have to try it out thou.

My experience with this update:

I got 2.5 extra MP.
I changed FC to another player he got 2.5 k extra MP.
Mine extra ships werent recycled(not sure if I cant or can move third fleet around-other than alliance bases).
I changed FC to third member,he got 2.5 k.So now we are three players with 2.5k more MP;7.5K total.
Now I switched FC back to me and Im waiting what will happen(maybe 2.5k more?)
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:00 am    Post subject:

Admin, nothing needs to be changed with the new CTF update... except for the MP not being taken away from the old FC... I think it's balanced and these vets got what they wanted when they complained so much about the CGC use of the drop 2 tactic last era... This is the perfect fix for an active alliance to feel balanced in this game...
 Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:31 am    Post subject:

admin wrote:
T2 wrote:
only the little bug needed fixing of the flag not automatically cashing in if membership dropped to 2 players.

- you don`t have to "sit at home" with your third fleet - you can fly to every ally and help defending

Well... I cannot play "bounce" with the 3rd fleet when incommings are about to hit and I have no desire to fly to alliance members base if I were the FC with my "protector" fleet. Flying to a member's base with fleet 3 might be helpful if he were under siege but It's better to keep your fleet at home and protect your alliance flag.

Not really any use for a 3rd mothership now if your flag holder so for all intents and purposes, you are restricted to 2 fleets

{ Bounce- def. - jumping your fleet into space at a few seconds before enemy fleet hits your base and immediately again land to ensure enemy fleet hits your base first}
 Back to top »
linux666
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:55 am    Post subject:

Admin, regarding this situation, i ask you, is it possible to have the extra mp for flag defense locked to base coords, instead of having the FC crippled, with one less fleet to work with?
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:02 am    Post subject:

linux666 wrote:
T2 wrote:
admin wrote:
T2 wrote:

Well... I cannot play "bounce" with the 3rd fleet when incommings are about to hit and I have no desire to fly to alliance members base if I were the FC with my "protector" fleet. Flying to a member's base with fleet 3 might be helpful if he were under siege but It's better to keep your fleet at home and protect your alliance flag.

Not really any use for a 3rd mothership now if your flag holder so for all intents and purposes, you are restricted to 2 fleets

{ Bounce- def. - jumping your fleet into space at a few seconds before enemy fleet hits your base and immediately again land to ensure enemy fleet hits your base first}

Admin, regarding this situation, i ask you, is it possible to have the extra mp for flag defense locked to base coords, instead of having the FC crippled, with one less fleet to work with?

Linux, that was the point... you get an extra 7500 MP but at the cost of loosing your F3 for battles... it balances out...

I still think the setup is fine minus the minor few bugs its had in the making... I like the new setup and so does the rest of CGC...
 Back to top »
linux666
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:21 am    Post subject:

you get an extra 50% of your mp, +- 2500mp, for flag defense, and that has to due with the new rules regarding an alliance dropping to 2...that's fine by me, the way it's implemented, not so much.
this is only what i think and feel about the subject, i don't mean to force this way to no one, just bring it out to discussion... i see that are more players that aren't too happy with the current FC playing mode, so lets try, and get to a middle ground .
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Bug Reports » New FC bug
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Page 1 of 3

Jump to: