Recent topics Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
My First Ever Film!!!

SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Off topic » My First Ever Film!!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MicroJak
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: My First Ever Film!!!

Well, it's been 4 days in the making, but finally, here it is!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppq8GZuol34

The sound is a bit crappy after the girl speaks so if anybody knows of an idea to get the sound running perfectly I would love to hear it.

I beg ye all to leave some comments too .

Remember, I am only 13, so any words offensive to my play will endearly upset me and scar me for life.

ENJOY!
 Back to top »
Senor
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject:

where did you get so many lego-men?
when i was a child we had only one small lego car with a single lego-man to share with my brother and sister.

the movie was horsedung, but i respect your enthusiasm. animation is fun: )
 Back to top »
Holy KNight
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject:

i didnt get what was goin on till like the last 30 seconds.
 Back to top »
MicroJak
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject:

Horsedung? Well.. it looked better than others. Plus I know senor is a bit like Jeremy Clarkson - He 'quite likes' stuff he actually loves and stuff where they is a few flaws he hates, AND you didn't give any other constructive comments.

Maybe you just said horsedung to get me upset... well.. nobody does that to MJ! (Apart from you of course).
 Back to top »
zenachi
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject:

Good animation... but i watched it w/o sound, so I couldn't hear anything but I think if you have actual voices (I don't know if you do) you should get rid of them and just use the subtitles.
I made an Lego animation with some live action before too (a lot worse than yours), threw in tons of sound effects and totally lagged imovie. Sound effects are awesome Unless you can get really good voice acting.

But yeah, over 3 min of animation... that's a lot of clips

EDIT: I watched less than 1 min and got bored. If you're doing stuff for youtube, make the jokes go faster, and throw in some action, or the promise of some action in the beginning, otherwise you won't hook anyone. This probably means you have to increase your FPS.
And ppl love crude and violent humor...
 Back to top »
Senor
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject:

MicroJak wrote:
Horsedung?I know senor is a bit like Jeremy Clarkson - He 'quite likes' stuff he actually loves and stuff where they is a few flaws he hates.

no.

here's some advice for you.

try fixing the camera to be still when taking shots. that is my main complaint because right now the camera is moving just as much as the characters resulting in an annoying mess that is real hard to follow.

the sound was bad. i know the bubbling "speech" sound was supposed to be funny, but it was real monotone and chopped and lagging and got real annoying real fast.
as i understand you actually "filmed" the sound into still frames. that's a no-no. why? because it gives you awesomely crappy quality and you run into massive trouble when animating.
what i suggest is adding all sounds on computer after you have the final animation ready.

you used a soap-box photo camera for shooting, yes?
using something like that is fine. it's actually possible to get nice quality out of those things. but i think you shot everything under automatic setting so that for each frame shot, the camera readjusted light settings, resulting in different looks for each picture. that's one more reason the whole thing looks bad. next time try using fixed light settings if your camera allows it.

i don't know what software you used to make the things that you did, but here are some applications to consider:

animatorDV - the demo version lets you do all you need. download is on their website.

if you want something else for animating then read this http://www.stopmotionworks.com/stopmosoftwr.htm

for adding sound use something like adobe premiere or after effects. or some free software that you can get your hands on.

and stop using fucking lego-men. they're stiff and don't animate well. what i suggest for beginning is cut-out animation like south park. draw your characters on cel-sheetshttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cel ( with markers and use crayons to paint them. then cut them out (hands, head, legs, etc. separately). fix limbs lightly using tiny drops of bluetak (yknow the gum-like stuff you use to put stuff on walls) and animate under a camera that's fixed looking down on the setting. i suggest using 6 frames per second for starting out (that means for every time you move the characters you grab 4 frames).

i hope this helps you (if it doesn't your brain is damaged). i look forward to seeing more attempts from you.
 Back to top »
MicroJak
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the advice Senor , I was dissaspointed with the light settings - for every shot it changed completely. I think I will completely get rid of the sound as it does get repetitive, however I will still use Legomen as they are my only quick means of animation resource. I will fix the camera.. I use a normal digital camera, never heard of a soap box one.

I'm quite confused about this Frames per second thing , I know that sounds bad but I'm just a real beginner. Action at the beginning.. hmm.. violent humour.. I gotta think a lot of things through - maybe a new drama about a daft guy who tries to kill dracula or something.. then he ends up killing everybody else. Maybe.. maybe not.

Scipio - The point of 'episode 1' is to find out about everything.

Edit: It is a shame that every slide towards the last two minutes or so was lengthened by 1 second. The sound is on time but the frames seem to last for two long. I assure you that wasn't how it was supposed to work.
 Back to top »
MicroJak
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject:

For some reason, this works in better detail:

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?pid=1097194&T=8268

Much better But why? WHY will it not work the way I want it to work on the site I want it to work on but work well on the site I don't want it to work on???? WHY?? Somebody please provide an explanation!!??
 Back to top »
linux666
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Good first try Spielberg....er..i mean MJ
You already got some pointers on what to improve, so i expect to see higher quality sequels soon...good job
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Off topic » My First Ever Film!!!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: