Minor bugs
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » General Discussion » Minor bugs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MicroJak
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:36 pm    Post subject: Minor bugs

Just a few things -

- Access of Everybody and 'It' of the Travellers are in the leaderboard.

- The relative score system is up the creek - Dominion of The Travellers is in the lead yet his relative score is low. EDIT: Ok. I see. He should be respawned in fear of him reaching the hall of fame lol.

- There are so few players that the noob helpers are starting to outnumber the noobs. On my last count, 27 players are active. 27!!! Imagine if their were 27 people in our galaxy, what a lonely shithole it would appear to be.

- I think the manual should be called the 'Help Centre'. A manual is like a book, a tedious book that you would use to piece together wooden furniture.... A help centre is a point of discussion, an introduction into the brave new world of spacetrace.

I think if the player count drops below 10 it would be time to call it a day. There are roadkill which have seen more activity.
Failtrip1
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:09 am    Post subject:

MicroJak wrote:
Just a few things -

- Access of Everybody and 'It' of the Travellers are in the leaderboard.

That is just when you login with guest account..If you have an ingame account leader board is just fine.

MicroJak wrote:
- The relative score system is up the creek - Dominion of The Travellers is in the lead yet his relative score is low. EDIT: Ok. I see. He should be respawned in fear of him reaching the hall of fame lol.

Note my previous note..

MicroJak wrote:
- There are so few players that the newbie helpers are starting to outnumber the noobs. On my last count, 27 players are active. 27!!! Imagine if their were 27 people in our galaxy, what a lonely shithole it would appear to be.

Actually there are,If im not mistaken around 10 applications per day in ST but active ones only appear if they login twice or something like that.So If there would be listed all account made in ST per month there would be I think at least 200 inactive ones.But sadly many dont want to stick around so their accounts are deleted without even us noticing it.

MicroJak wrote:
- I think the manual should be called the 'Help Centre'. A manual is like a book, a tedious book that you would use to piece together wooden furniture.... A help centre is a point of discussion, an introduction into the brave new world of spacetrace.

Erm manual - help centre not big deference when it comes to for what it is used for. I saw and played games with no or very little help but still they thrive and sadly ST doesnt.And manual or help centre wont help it.

MicroJak wrote:
I think if the player count drops below 10 it would be time to call it a day. There are roadkill which have seen more activity.

I think that posts like this are killing whatever there is left of the game.I enjoy playing The Game no matter 100 000 or 15.You can hit only one base at once.So no point of having 10 000 other players around.You can also have nice and fun duels within the game.Also no need for 100 000 players.It would be fun to have so many players but note that ST would need to change because then individuality would lose all its meaning if you would be up against 50 or more fleets defending FC or score planet.Then all charm ST has in its strategy would go away for brute force of mass build up fleets etc.

All I wanted to say is that its not that bad to be small and also posts like this and especially coming from a MOD dont help the game at all.

Greetz Marlito

And since this is more of a rant than reporting a serious bug Im sending this to General Discussion and leaving shadow topic in bug section If admin wants to decide otherwise.

Last edited by Failtrip1 on Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:41 pm    Post subject:

I will agree with all the points Marlito makes.
I am enjoying the battles I am having. More people would provide more chances of battles but I like the one on one battles I have been having of late and there is enough happening to keep my interest.

I don't like logging in to find my base ravaged and 3 or 4 or more players "sitting" on it. I can take my time...scope out potential targets and strike when I have the time.

The forum is slow but that is not the game...just a social aspect of it.
Most of the people here now, I enjoy fighting against and after playing for a number of years, I feel I know many of the players currently left.
All good people and good players.
Yes...I do enjoy the game now as much or even more than when there were hundreds playing.
 Back to top »
MicroJak
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject:

I am sorry that I was so blunt, as well as posting in the wrong topic, but I think we meet at a conflict of interests Marlito, we both want to improve the game, I am sure.

Whichever way you put it, ST is dying. I may be a mod, yet I am not afraid to tell the truth. Is admin aware of these figures? 27 active.. 70 at most. I want the game to thrive.. I mean I really do! Otherwise the suggestion and bug report topics would be useless. Mods would be useless. You and T2 might like the game.. but that's 2 people... if we had more players then it goes without saying that many more would enjoy the game too.

That's my opinion on things.
SpaceGamer
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:11 pm    Post subject:

MicroJak,

Marlito and T2 are correct. I have no problem finding Battles with real players.

good joke

At tihis time the player count is low but it would a good time for new players to join and learn the game.

As long as admin is taking care of the game it should be here for anyone to play.

I am just sayin'

Spacegamer

Not all players like to post in the forumn.
 Back to top »
Failtrip1
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject:

MicroJak wrote:
I am sorry that I was so blunt, as well as posting in the wrong topic, but I think we meet at a conflict of interests Marlito, we both want to improve the game, I am sure.

Whichever way you put it, ST is dying. I may be a mod, yet I am not afraid to tell the truth. Is admin aware of these figures? 27 active.. 70 at most. I want the game to thrive.. I mean I really do! Otherwise the suggestion and bug report topics would be useless. Mods would be useless. You and T2 might like the game.. but that's 2 people... if we had more players then it goes without saying that many more would enjoy the game too.

I have managed a few site on the internet and they werent even half of demanding then Spacetrace is and I lacked the time to manage them properly.
I understand admin when he doesnt reply to every bug topic or even if he fix something after a year or more.He has a job maybe his own kids and I congratulate him that he is still able to manage the game.I would understand your rant if this was admins ful time job but sadly it isnt so all he does for us in this game is his free time he sacrifice for us.
And I agree we should have more people but If you wont put something like few 1000$ into the mix nothing will happen.And without the money all of us are helpless in getting more players.Its a specific game and lack some sort of trading which people generally like to do in online games.
So enjoy it while it lasts MJ
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject:

MicroJak wrote:

I respect your opinion and bluntness MJ. No need to apologise.

Although things are quiet here, I will not submit to the harm that whacko did to the game a while back. If nothing else, I owe it to admin to keep playing and help recover. I think many players left after that debaucle but it did bring some excitment to the game. Unfortunately, the changes made to the game were IMO, less than desirable for many
 Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » General Discussion » Minor bugs
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: