Recent topics Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
join up alliance fleets into a huge single fleet
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Suggestions » join up alliance fleets into a huge single fleet
View previous topic :: View next topic  

good idea?
NOOOO!!!!!FRED!!!!!!!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
great idea!
100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 2

vyor
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: join up alliance fleets into a huge single fleet

AA(alliance attack) and AD(alliance defence)

How about adding the ability to join up your fleets for attacks and defences. Lets say that some random alliance sets up a huge defence at the BH with 3 members and 3 shipyards. Alone noone can take that kind of defence, even a coordinated alliance would have trouble. So you use an AA, a combined fleet of over 10k of ships would be able to punch through(with massive losses).
Or how about someone is AAing a player, you can AD it. This would lead to a colossale battle that would need tactics never before seen. Even a small alliance could rise to glory useing them as whips.

There would be restrictions however. The host af the AA or AD would need to be able to research the alliance members ships who where there. The host would need credits. You would also have to use an alliance members planet as staging ground(exept in the case of an AD at a colony or a score planet).
 Back to top »
Cloudgatherer
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:07 am    Post subject:

Let me see if I am understanding this correctly. It might help the non-native english speakers comprehend what you are saying a little better too, if you clarify. (It took me a couple glance-overs to get the gist myself)

In layman's terms: You are purposing that alliance members be allowed to combine ships other than their own into a single fleet?

If that is the case, it is certainly an ambitious suggestion. I'm not really sure my stance on something like that. I would have to wrap my head around it a little more before I give my opinion either way.

"One of God's own rejects. Some sort of high-powered mutant, not even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, but too rare to die."
 Back to top »
vyor
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Yes, that is what I am proposing, but there are some restrictions if you read the second paragraph.

It is very ambitious, it is meant to be. I got this from another game I play, and I thought that it would compliment this game.
 Back to top »
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:36 am    Post subject:

now i understand

(i changed the topic title, so its more obvious.)

i like the idea, but there is one big problem:
we invented the restriction of fleet-sizes to about 5000 MP, cause the calculation of a battle with more ships takes so much CPU-time.

with your intrieguing suggestion, we would need a bigger server for spacetrace and even then there would be the same problem if more and more alliance members body-up to one big fleet ;(
 Back to top »
Cloudgatherer
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject:

Hmm. How about just improving the "A.D.S" then? Lets say, other alliance members can commit ships towards the "Alliance Fleet" but only up to 5000 MP. That way the size wont be a problem and it would still serve a decent purpose though it can currently only move between allies home planets. Would also be interesting because it would introduce for the first time: the ability to have a fleet consisting of all the different races ships; unique to alliance fleets alone.

Not sure if that is entirely possible, but I figured I would take a shot at keeping the suggestion alive.

"One of God's own rejects. Some sort of high-powered mutant, not even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, but too rare to die."
 Back to top »
vyor
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject:

A limit to three alliance members then?

You can always try to simplify the battle code.
 Back to top »
vyor
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:44 am    Post subject:

LIVE TOPIC!!!!LIVE!!!!!! Sorry, spammer at heart lol.
 Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Suggestions » join up alliance fleets into a huge single fleet
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: