Recent topics Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Mighty permanent ban...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » General Discussion » Mighty permanent ban...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should Mighty be permanetly IP banned from The Game and game forums?
yes
63%
 63%  [ 19 ]
no
36%
 36%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 30

Connor McCloud
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject:

For now Shade can't reply : maybe in near future .
didn't wanted to post this msg before
2008-05-14 21:42:53 from 2pac of Shakur
- alliance round-message -
hey guys,
things are not going wonderful for me right now, theres a good chance i might need to have a short stay in the hospital soon.

Just incase, i think it's best if i pass leadership to Connor for a little while, so we can keep the flag moving etc..

everybody vote Connor for leader pls.

Back to top »
Mighty
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Sure, your glorified multi leader just happened to get sick at the exact same time the story hit the fan! 4 days ago! just another co-incident in the long list that is TO

I have another story he knows if he comes on he has to answer, so he's been checking the game and the forum with one of his multi accounts and has decided to stay away until things cool down...

now in a desperate attempt he has made up a story to awe more people to his corner.. good going

AKA "Ace" (21 Apr 2008)
AKA "God" (29 Sep 2002)
AKA "SMod" (25 oct 2002)
Permanently inactive since - 20 Mar 2009
 Back to top »
Senor
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject:

i voted yes.
you're ruining the party for everyone mighty.
please leave.
 Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject:

I voted "NO". The Drama is just too good to give up.
If I were at this game serious right now and following every battle, I would, no doubt be somewhat irritated but ATM, it makes for an interesting read when I get time.

Was there not a time when ST had 500 members and everybody had 4 or 5 accounts?
 Back to top »
MicroJak
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject:

T2 wrote:
it makes for an interesting read

But at what cost?
zaphod
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 5:57 pm    Post subject:

i think there was a game stop made from admins in 2002 because of many misbehaviours from some people
 Back to top »
mackman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Mighty wrote:
Sure, your glorified multi leader just happened to get sick at the exact same time the story hit the fan! 4 days ago! just another co-incident in the long list that is TO

I have another story he knows if he comes on he has to answer, so he's been checking the game and the forum with one of his multi accounts and has decided to stay away until things cool down...

now in a desperate attempt he has made up a story to awe more people to his corner.. good going

Dude thats just wrong you don't know what this guy has going on in RL. This my friend is just a game don`t take this so seriously we are doing this to pass time and have fun not listen to a bunch of unimportant nonsense.

Mighty please take a chill it`s a GAME lol.
COCKROACH
Ensign
Ensign

Post Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:16 pm    Post subject: no ban

Not Mighty or Shade should be banned,both players do exactly the same thing in game.Mighty at least admits it,We need Shade to step to the plate and act like a man not hide like a mouse.
 Back to top »
RenéeAB
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: End result?

What happened before the accusations started (all multy-ing/cheating) is probably disregarded as unprovable (account deletions, etc).
Now any proof obtained via admission, once he starts checking stands.
informing admin that you do any of this and you continue gets acted on.
IMHO we had an accuser, a confessor, and also (in an indirect way) refusing to stop (demanding admin delete multi accounts where his were the only ones left ingame from his original accusation/confession).
In simple english, Admin found the multi's that EXISTED AT THE TIME THE CHECK WAS DONE and acted on the guilty party period.

And all of this in one post !!!

COCKROACH, we have not heard from you in ages WHAT MOUSE DID YOU CRAWL OUT FROM UNDER???

REM - Pop Song 89
 Back to top »
mjx1
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject:

Connor McCloud wrote:
For now Shade can't reply : maybe in near future .
didn't wanted to post this msg before
2008-05-14 21:42:53 from 2pac of Shakur
- alliance round-message -
hey guys,
things are not going wonderful for me right now, theres a good chance i might need to have a short stay in the hospital soon.

Just incase, i think it's best if i pass leadership to Connor for a little while, so we can keep the flag moving etc..

everybody vote Connor for leader pls.

get well soon shade. hope your okay - who will i fight with shade sick and mighty banned
"Although the constant shadow of certain death looms over everyday, the pleasures and joys of life can be so fine and deeply affecting that the heart is nearly stilled by astonishment" - Dean R Koontz
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ncaries
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject:

After a short holiday i return to the game and what do i read here?

This thread will never result in a good and fair judgement about Mighty. So i dont bother.

What bothers me is the way TO plays this game. We (NS) suspected them of multi-ing when they got their flag back: using short term accounts to clear our defence.Nothing we can prove, but lets say, 'not unlikely' they did.

When we were at the point of recapturing our flag a couple of days ago (and maybe getting theirs again) TO dropped to a 2 man alliance for a short period, and after that returned to the 8 they are now. Not against the rules of this game of course...but what to say about it then; unsporty, creative, sick, weak....
Up to you to choose, or to add your own judgement. For me it strengthened my suspicion about TO's style and about the way they reclaimed their flag ......and TO was just a dissapointment again.
My dear TO-kids, i will never talk about banning, but just leave this game and have fun on your level with your Playmobil or something like that.

Please do
al12
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject:

I think my first post in this topic and all I have to say is this:
I totally agree ncaries

X: The "Warriors of the Fallen Star" era

4. SpaceTrooper of Upenix score 16239 relative 16226
 Back to top »
Connor McCloud
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 9:39 am    Post subject:

ncaries wrote:
When we were at the point of recapturing our flag a couple of days ago (and maybe getting theirs again) TO dropped to a 2 man alliance for a short period, and after that returned to the 8 they are now. Not against the rules of this game of course...but what to say about it then; unsporty, creative, sick, weak....

Well I used the game rules creative didn't break a single rule .
Unsporty , nope in total of over 2 vs 1 is unsporty , not to mention ending an account ( not reached 100% Evo ) just to have the benefit of the surprise .
Sick nope don't think so it isn't sick , but a dirty trick wich isn't forbidden.
Weak , nope smart , yes .Why there is a claim button at this game , so you can claim a flagg when you think it is needed , losing your flagg without gaining points is stupid , we lost some points defending your/our flagg ,because bases from our defending party where hit ( NP with that it is not against the rules ) so got most of our losses back .

And if you look into your BR's you see that Dog attacked my base with HQ and wouldn't got our flagg only 1 HQ got active
your base fights against fleet 1 from Dog of Lust at ***/***/**
19.05 05:11:39 - the enemy fleet arrived

yours: 1 ship
class 4:
1 mothership (0/1000, 320 MP)
buildings:
1 intelligence station (0/1, 0 MP)
1 defensive array (0/500, 0 MP)
1 research center (0/3500, 0 MP)
1 shipyard (0/3500, 0 MP)

enemy: 11 ships
class 2:
4 eagles (2/10, 4 MP)
2 HQ invader (0/10, 150 MP)
3 missile-launchers (0/10, 10 MP)
1 holo-generator (0/10, 15 MP)
class 4:

- click here to see the complete battlereport -

summary:
enemy losses:
class 1:
troopers:
100 flag-trooper
class 2:
ships:
1 empty HQ invader
4 eagles
3 missile-launchers
1 HQ invader
1 holo-generator
class 3:
1 missile

your losses:
-

score: 361

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ground battle:
your defensive ground forces: 100 - enemy offenders: 20
you defended your base

Rest of your attacks that day didn't have HQ with them

Back to top »
TheLoneWolf0911
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 11:10 am    Post subject:

umm... I'm confused?
Whos the multi Shade or Mighty
linux666
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject:

Connor McCloud wrote:
ncaries wrote:

Well I used the game rules creative didn't break a single rule .
Unsporty , nope in total of over 2 vs 1 is unsporty , not to mention ending an account ( not reached 100% Evo ) just to have the benefit of the surprise .
Sick nope don't think so it isn't sick , but a dirty trick wich isn't forbidden.
Weak , nope smart , yes .Why there is a claim button at this game , so you can claim a flagg when you think it is needed , losing your flagg without gaining points is stupid , we lost some points defending your/our flagg ,because bases from our defending party where hit ( NP with that it is not against the rules ) so got most of our losses back .

And if you look into your BR's you see that Dog attacked my base with HQ and wouldn't got our flagg only 1 HQ got active
your base fights against fleet 1 from Dog of Lust at ***/***/**
19.05 05:11:39 - the enemy fleet arrived

yours: 1 ship
class 4:
buildings:
1 intelligence station (0/1, 0 MP)
1 defensive array (0/500, 0 MP)
1 research center (0/3500, 0 MP)
1 shipyard (0/3500, 0 MP)

enemy: 11 ships
class 2:
4 eagles (2/10, 4 MP)
2 HQ invader (0/10, 150 MP)
3 missile-launchers (0/10, 10 MP)
1 holo-generator (0/10, 15 MP)
class 4:

- click here to see the complete battlereport -

summary:
enemy losses:
class 1:
troopers:
100 flag-trooper
class 2:
ships:
1 empty HQ invader
4 eagles
3 missile-launchers
1 HQ invader
1 holo-generator
class 3:
1 missile

your losses:
-

score: 361

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ground battle:
your defensive ground forces: 100 - enemy offenders: 20
you defended your base

Rest of your attacks that day didn't have HQ with them

to the rest...whatever!... to the part where i went with the HQ's to your base, i already seen that you had set your alliance at 2 members!!, so, i couldn't give a flying **** to what might have happened to the HQ's, you call it smart, i call it a piece of shit thinking...if every one did the same!! as i said before, you guys take all the fun out of this game!! another thing, if needed, pope had HQ's ready at his base...really close to yours...things happened the way they did cause of the circumstances of the battle at that time...so don't say that we wouldn't get the flags...did you forgett how your base was? easy...as a sunday morning
the rest of ST, enjoy the game, try to play by the rules...it's a lot better when you accomplish something...
i leave you, and go to my beach vacation
MicroJak
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject:

TheLoneWolf0911 wrote:
umm... I'm confused?
Whos the multi Shade or Mighty

Go to the Multy Report Section. Use your eyes and look.
ncaries
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject:

mr. Connor, linux reply answers to a part of your reaction at my post.
The other part: its a shame an alliance with the potential of TO uses this methods in this game. TO could bring inspiration to his game but no, they choose to abuse a rule of the game that was not meant for this, an abuse thats against the principles of the game, just because afraid of loosing the flag. You call it smart, i call it i sign of intellectual and moral weakness.

But worst is, instead if inspiring other players in ST, experienced players like you should, you demotivate them by using dirty tricks.
That, mr. Connor, is your problem.
Robert Roy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 5:38 pm    Post subject:

ncaries wrote:
This thread will never result in a good and fair judgement about Mighty. So i dont bother.

What is not fair when even our dear admin admits that the dirtiest multi and liar in this game needs a ban for what he has done?
ncaries wrote:
What bothers me is the way TO plays this game.

Cheating to get a flag?
So far the theory of us having used new accounts to get our flag back and thus cheating has not been backed up by any fact. Thus it is only reasonable to keep it at a very implausible conspiracy theory. I am not saying NS started all those new accounts to frame us, that would be nonsense.
We did not need the new accounts, we would have gotten our flag back anyways. You did not need the new accounts, why make it easier to lose your flag. The third option involved Mighty. And looking at his past, it is not a weird option.

ncaries wrote:
My dear TO-kids just leave this game and have fun on your level with your Playmobil or something like that.

Defending your flag?
During the past 3,5 years that I have played, I have seen so many dirty tricks that I no longer care.

Claiming points just before your are about to lose the flag again, getting a spy in the other alliance and copying the attack code, scaling down your membership numbers for a while, they are all fair and within the rules.

The only trick that I have always disliked is sending off your account, that has not been at high evo yet, to the enemy's base and creating a new account to send there too.

I was disgusted by it when it was used by PFIU during the war. It comes down to having double manpower available. But still, it is within the rules. So I would never ask a player who did that to leave the game.
You already did.
ncaries wrote:
TO could bring inspiration to his game

Don't we? Bringing up all the hatred, wars and flaming in the forum?
ncaries wrote:
they choose to abuse a rule of the game that was not meant for this, an abuse thats against the principles of the game

If it is not against the rule, who are you to say we abuse that same rule?
Against whose principles or morale? Yours? The game doesn't have any, for it is simply a game.

I guess it is against yours? Well it looks like that is going to be your own problem, mister ncaries.
al12
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject:

What everyone is trying to say here, is that TO, supposedly the best alliance has to go to messures of lowering it's member count to 2 members just not to loose their flag. Best alliance? That is a sign of weakness and if you were the best alliance in my eyes if players group together to give you some fun and try and beat you you should be sportif enough when they do break through not to go through such weak messures just not to loose. And about this whole thing that there is no proof for TO using those accounts? Well there is no proof Mighty did so too and yet you almost are pointing a finger at him, seeming you might be trying to make him the guilty one for what you did. Those two 'newbie' fleets cleared for some strange reason the NS flag commanders base, first Mighty would not know who had it and second there was a TO follow up on those fleets not soon after. Maybe we should just forget all of this, as those cheaters are not found, Mighty should not be banned either.

X: The "Warriors of the Fallen Star" era

4. SpaceTrooper of Upenix score 16239 relative 16226
 Back to top »
ncaries
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject:

mr. Robert, thats not my point.
I think, playing ST as it is meant, is a great 'sport' if you play it 'in the spirit of' . In that spirit you can use a spy, spies are part of war.
I know the rules, but playing ST 'using the rules' is something different than playing it ' in the spirit' of the game . A twomember-flag-thing-rule is a technical thing with another purpose, that has nothing to do with ' the spirit'
My point is that an alliance as TO, with the skills it has, should NEVER play it using the rules but should play it ' in the spirit of the rules'. Doing that you can inspire other players in enjoying this game

But you don' t , thats how you demotivate others, and maybe even demotivate yourself.
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » General Discussion » Mighty permanent ban...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: