Recent topics Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
veteran players of the game are hurting the player count
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » General Discussion » veteran players of the game are hurting the player count
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:37 am    Post subject: veteran players of the game are hurting the player count

is this really a problem?
DragonLilly wrote:
the more vetern players of the game are hurting the player count...

the only reason my alliance chose to use the drop 2 tactic before the flag was stolen was because my alliance had 5 members 4 of them have less then 1 year experiance in the game... were taken on by a 9 man alliance with alot more experiance...
the vetern players aren't giving the newcomers any chances for success.
hence the reason we resorted to the drop 2 tactic.

and the main reason my alliance doesn't want to participate in CTF is because we feel like we're being punished for our high activity levels... thus raising our member score really high... which makes us a constant target for CTF... we'd like to go offensive vs. being on defense all of the time...

see also the discussion here

http://www.spacetrace.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6563

if so, i am sure we can do something about it, for example a setting in preferences that shouws how veteran you are and get the points from new players accordingly.

Last edited by admin on Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:48 am    Post subject:

I have noticed that the player count has been falling since I joined the game a few months ago...

I do believe that I have found the reason why this is, more experienced players are taking their advantage and knowledge over lesser experienced players a bit too far...

I can understand of having some advantage over a lesser experienced player, but guys/gals I think that its starting to get to the point of scaring new players away...

Let's take the NS war vs. the CGC... was it really necessary to have 9 experienced players vs. a 5 man new alliance that had 4 members with less then a years experience? -- why not have just kept it at around 5 or 6 members like you originally had... I would've gladly fought you all fair if you had 6 members... the 6th member would've given us a bit of a challenge but also good training and still gave you all your advantage... but why 9 players???

another thing is veteran players attacking new accounts... I've seen this quite a bit with veteran players attacking new players over and over again till they quit!!!

Does anyone have consideration for new members of ST??? Come on' guys your killing it...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

admin wrote:
if so, i am sure we can do something about it, for example a setting in preferences that shouws how veteran you are and get the points from new players accordingly.

yes admin it is, but many of the vets won't be admitting to this, I'm sure... Love the suggestion, I'd say it'd be very beneficial to the game and would even things out just a bit... it wouldn't be worth an experienced alliance taking on a new inexperienced alliance without a handicap... I LOVE IT!!
 Back to top »
Failtrip1
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:25 am    Post subject:

DragonLilly wrote:
I have noticed that the player count has been falling since I joined the game a few months ago...

I do believe that I have found the reason why this is, more experienced players are taking their advantage and knowledge over lesser experienced players a bit too far...

I can understand of having some advantage over a lesser experienced player, but guys/gals I think that its starting to get to the point of scaring new players away...

Let's take the NS war vs. the CGC... was it really necessary to have 9 experienced players vs. a 5 man new alliance that had 4 members with less then a years experience? -- why not have just kept it at around 5 or 6 members like you originally had... I would've gladly fought you all fair if you had 6 members... the 6th member would've given us a bit of a challenge but also good training and still gave you all your advantage... but why 9 players???

another thing is veteran players attacking new accounts... I've seen this quite a bit with veteran players attacking new players over and over again till they quit!!!

Does anyone have consideration for new members of ST??? Come on' guys your killing it...

Now you have taken this debate to far.Blaming us for your lack of will to fight.

CGC has more than 200k points and you are all supposed to be in your first evo.DONT TELL ME YOU GOT YOUR POINTS BY FIGHTING THE VETS.

CTF is the thing that prevents newbie bashing and it also gives reason to start or end a war amongst real alliances.You on the other hand want to enable that and to have free hands in your newbie bashing that you claimed vets are doing.You have to right to claim such an argument because 199 000 of CGCs points came from bashing vets,right?

Lets not take NS-CGC war.Its not the only one that ever happened.TO fought against Red armada and was outnumbered by 2:1 or even more,search for any CTF topic then.There are tons of war when someone is outnumbered and still uses his skill in coordination and beats the enemy.

Spacetrace is one of the kind game where all players have equal opportunities If you cant see it then Im sorry?I play this other game where biggest army size is 450 mill and new,1 day old account start at 20 000.Where is the fairness in that and still in its 3 years of living it managed to attract more then 100 000 players.All other games are like that either you start at lvl1 and have to grind your way up the scale or your small and have to collect resources and in any given time you are bound to be hit by larger player.But here in ST you have a real chance of wining the battle or even war.It doesnt matter how long have youve been playing but how.Hence why is so few players because is hard to master,after 3 months you have nothing to shove,there is no trading involved etcNot because "vets are bashing the newbs".

Belive me there is consideration for new players from all sides.Everyone is willing to help new players as well as The Game it self just you arent long enough around to notice it.
So please dont make this kind of accusations.
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject:

I seen a veteran player bashing my neighbor who was brand new to the game also when I first started... the Vet was even a newbie helper... several others seen this too... he was hitting the guy every other day...

we also know that not all new players ask for help or even know how to ask for help...

I can admit the CGC is guilty of some of this too... but we're not the only ones...

have you ever thought that the CGC does this to try and stay alive vs. the vetern players???

The suggestion that Admin is making is a good one... I'm also taking into account its affects upon the CGC...

But I feel that such an action is needed in regards to more experienced players vs. lesser experienced players...
 Back to top »
Connor McCloud
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:06 am    Post subject:

BLABLABLABLA
1) you fight you learn . if you fight a "vet" you can learn from these battles but if you are to sissy to lose before you know this game , I can't help you . ( I got my a.s.s. kicked in my fist evo but I stayed and learned )
2) I started ST with arround 500 players so the drop in players was already started then . ( no CTF in those days )
The biggest problem is that new players are not willing to take / spend the time that is needed to learn this game , I have been newbie helper gave lots of advice , almost no responce from the newbs . even had my own training alliance , nothing helps when the newbs are lookin for a fast game , wich ST isn't . I spended lots of hours explaning the game and to find out they drop out before first evo is at 25% ( I sure hope it isn't because of my explanation )D ).

Back to top »
Marth Diro
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:14 am    Post subject:

lilly, nobody wants to attack you and your ally members till you all quit!
could be that vet bashs noob happen in ST frequently, but i have to correct the fiction story you told from:
- the 9th member of NS was "it"
- 3 NS members were new players, we let them join, because we expected that WFS would help you if we start a war against CGC
- only 3 or 4 of our members went for your flag
- this was the shortest war i fought in
SO, NO BASHING OF ANY OF YOUR MEMBERS HAPPENED.

more interesting than what could happen if... is a new all including fairness pact, i think we all need it to go on playing the game.
 Back to top »
mjx1
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Dragonlily A. you can't go round smack talking NS and other vet alliances and then cry when they attack you B. You're the top alliance therefore people will attack as you are clearly not noobs if you got to the top alliance and people like to challenge top alliances as it's more fun and C. if there really is a problem with a vet bashing a noob then please either sort it out yourself or report it to another vet who will warn the vet in question and if he persists then he will be bashed and made an example of. In a game of 201 players or whatever it is now which uses evo you can expect everyone to know whos new and whos not and they'll just attack their closest neighbour however if you are clearly attacking a noob make it a teaching demonstration tell them what youve done to score of them and tell them how to defend from it. Experience is the only way to learn this game
"Although the constant shadow of certain death looms over everyday, the pleasures and joys of life can be so fine and deeply affecting that the heart is nearly stilled by astonishment" - Dean R Koontz
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject:

i only wanted to know, if it could be, that newbies have a hard time or not

if we have to do something or not
 Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject:

I think it is possible that abuse of a new player can and does happen, I'd also like to think it is the exception to the rule and not the normal. This applies especially to players who have been playing a number of months and are capable of taking points of new players but not so easy to get points against players with more experience than them.

The battle reports that shows the alliances that fought against each other really tells the story of how top scoring players got their points.

These records are not accessible to the ST population as a whole, therefore, A player who does abuse taking points from the starter alliances can remain somewhat anonymous.

To a brand new player, a vet could be considered someone who has joined the game just one month earlier.
Perhaps there can be made available somehow, someone who is abusing our new players.
It could fall upon the responsibility of the community as a whole to track "questionable tactics" much like we currently do with milti accounts.

Vets have the responsibility to hit new players, greet them to the game and explain how they could have avoided or lessened the damage the vet caused.
Offer to help them in their next attack against some other opponent and then warn them you if plan on attacking them again.

If the new player deas not respond in a reasonable amount of time (48 hrs) it could be safe to assume the player has already quit the game. Go ahead then clean the base if you desire.
 Back to top »
Orange Shavings
Ensign
Ensign

Post Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:12 pm    Post subject:

Connor McCloud wrote:
BLABLABLABLA
1) you fight you learn . if you fight a "vet" you can learn from these battles but if you are to sissy to lose before you know this game , I can't help you . ( I got my a.s.s. kicked in my fist evo but I stayed and learned )

I have to agree. I'm relatively new to this game, and the same thing happened to me, but instead of quitting, I tried to learn from the battles, and (hopefully) got a bit better.
Schmolt
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:23 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

Well well well... it appears that a new alliance is nice and comfortable resting in the number 1 spot... how could this be with NS outnumbering us and taking every and any chance to get to our flag... and not to mention that they have decided to challenge the alliance with the most active leader...

hmmm... do you think our alliance members don't talk to each other... LOL... a few clicks and the flag goes bye-bye again... so don't bother...

oh and not to mention... LOL looks like NS will be out numbered when the FULL WFS alliance comes to play... did you all forget we were allied with them...

Maybe NS should just evo out 2 members constantly to protect their own flag as they won't be getting the CGCs anytime soon...

Sounded like a challenge to me... you can't go around saying stuff like that and not expect to provoke people, then cry that you're being attacked.
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject:

This is what I'm talking about

sensors:
hyperjumpgate detected: ***/***/**
fleet 1 from The Soldier of Fortune (ETA 5 h 31 m)

hyperdrop warning:
flight vector passes your planet:
fleet 1 from reburn of the living death (distance: 8 sectors)
fleet 2 from reburn of the living death (distance: 8 sectors)
fleet 3 from reburn of the living death (distance: 8 sectors)

My alliance can only see the hyperdrop... they have no clue that there is 3 other fleets coming to my base... how are we supposed to protect against this???

SO YES ADMIN, SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE... YOU CAN BE THE BEST ALLIANCE IN THE GAME, BE NEW BUT THE VETS STILL PLAY UNFAIR WITH A 2 VS. 1 ADVANTAGE OVER THOSE THAT THEY KNOW THEY CAN BEAT...

BY THE TIME A MEMBER LOGS IN AND ACTUALLY SEE HIS FLEET SCREEN ITS TOO LATE TO CALL FOR ASSISTANCE... BIG PROBLEM WITH VETS VS. NEW PLAYERS...

SOMETHING MUST BE DONE TO OFFSET THIS... MY BASE WAS JUST BLOWN UP YESTERDAY AND I AM STILL BUILDING MY BUILDINGS... HAVEN'T HAD ANY CHANCE TO DEFEND MYSELF BY BUILDING ANY SHIPS...

PLZ ADMIN, OFFSET THE EXPERIANCE...
 Back to top »
Schmolt
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject:

1.) There's a caps locks button to the left of you.

2.) You're the one in the top spot, so if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen! I've never heard anyone cry so much over their position being challenged!
Failtrip1
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:43 pm    Post subject:

When exactly will you stop being a new player?
When exactly will you be called vet?
When exactly will your alliance stop being new?
When exactly will it become fair to you?
When exactly will your alliance stop bashing dead account?

Dont you think that taking no.1 place in alliance score board automatically excludes you from being newbie alliance?
Dont you think that being no.1 automatically makes you the hottest target?
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject:

POINT IS... when will veteran alliances allow a new alliance to actually be able to defend itself?

taking advantage that I'm still building buildings for crying out loud... how is this supposed to help us learn?

do you really think that I like hitting dead account? NO... I want to learn the game but the Veteran players never give the chance...
 Back to top »
Schmolt
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:56 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
19.01 17:34 From:Alpha of The Wolf Pack
Subject:WTF
and this isn't double teaming a lesser experienced player???
FOR FUCK SAKE... THIS ISN'T SHADE... IT'S LILLY...
CAN'T I EVEN FUCKING REBUILD MY BASE WITHOUT GETTING FUCKING WASTED AGAIN!!!

Anger, anger Lilly
mjx1
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject:

DragonLilly wrote:
POINT IS... when will veteran alliances allow a new alliance to actually be able to defend itself?
taking advantage that I'm still building buildings for crying out loud... how is this supposed to help us learn?

LOL Lily what vet in their right mind would attack a planet which already has its buildings destroyed? There'd be nothing to score from for a start
You know what I find particually hillarious about you. Just a few days ago you waged war on a Jack09s newbie alliance now your crying people are attacking newbie al;liances of which you claim to be one of them despite being in the top position
Hypocrit alert.
"Although the constant shadow of certain death looms over everyday, the pleasures and joys of life can be so fine and deeply affecting that the heart is nearly stilled by astonishment" - Dean R Koontz
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Failtrip1
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject:

DragonLilly wrote:

do you really think that I like hitting dead account? NO... I want to learn the game but the Veteran players never give the chance...

You don't get something.You understand the game,you know its loopholes,you know how battles works,you know some fleet set-ups and by knowing that excludes you from being a newbie.
You know much more then few of so called "vets" I know in game.
No one denies you right to defend?They cant take that from you.All they can do is attack.Attack back simple as that,ask for advice if you lack knowledge ,anything just don't say your not able to defend.
Remember resources are all the same and if they have more allies then you make more allies.Its not like being a vet means vet having douible MP.
And believe me being attacked by the best in game gives you the best chance to learn.Copy his set-ups,get to know your enemy,study him whatever just don't say that you cant defend.You have your ships,when you get an incoming fly to his base and destroy it.
I don't get it how can you as a close alliance with high level of activity not be able to coordinate defence and attack.Its not all in numbers remember Napoleon,Thermopylae...
Marth Diro
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject:

after long time we (NS) decided to attack you a bit, maybe it's 2 months ago i fought a CGC, don't remember!!!
i thought our discussions on the forum had some results. so, my hope was to treat you as every other player here. but again this don't touch me thing
btw, my dsp still has not reached your base, so i had no idea if there are any ships at your base
seems that this attack will be easy for us, but we'll not get enough points for the journey. or are there any CGC members on the way?

play, or ask the admin for a seperate galaxy
 Back to top »
Inatic
Commander
Commander

Post Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:58 pm    Post subject:

admin wrote:
i only wanted to know, if it could be, that newbies have a hard time or not

if we have to do something or not

yes newbies do have a hard time, ehem!
im a newbie to this game with only two weeks of gameplay.
But luckily some people are nice enough to teach me the ways of the game
our leader is teaching me and another.
This game is so hard when your starting

But ADMIN it is especially when the vet players attack you,
because i'm now in a learners alliance i'm starting to learn things. But the reason no one wants to play ST and why I almost didn't want to play anymore is because we feel threatened by the people who have been here for more than 2 years.

I know thats the way of the game and we have to s uck it up,
which we will, but to answer your question admin......YES

Just be patient with us newbies we don't know the strategies yet

Last edited by Inatic on Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:04 pm; edited 3 times in total
 Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » General Discussion » veteran players of the game are hurting the player count
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Page 1 of 4

Jump to: