Recent topics Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
veteran players of the game are hurting the player count
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » General Discussion » veteran players of the game are hurting the player count
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:36 pm    Post subject:

Senor wrote:
with that said, my respect goes out to arari, n'secropud and sparks who are the only members of CGC not afraid to fight us. and they are doing a better job at it every day. you are doing great guys!

QUIT TRYING TO (EXPLETIVE) UP YOU NEWB BASHER SO THEY DON'T QUIT...
 Back to top »
mjx1
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:49 pm    Post subject:

T2 wrote:
Cmon... be serious and admit you harvested points somehow. How else do you get to the top of the score card?
A good leader would mix it up a bit so it don't look so obvious.

By good organisation. Why how do you usually play T2?

Either prove we cheated or stop your bullshit.

Even if we did. Do two wrongs suddenly make a right.

To be hoenst the whole thing kinda reminds me of this:

http://regentsprep.org/Regents/global/themes/conflict/images/tank-1.jpg
"Although the constant shadow of certain death looms over everyday, the pleasures and joys of life can be so fine and deeply affecting that the heart is nearly stilled by astonishment" - Dean R Koontz
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jack09
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:14 am    Post subject:

Fucking Failtrip, your a funny guy, so in a war are we sposed to let the opposite side beat the shit out of us while we sit in the fetal position and take it, you guys cant handle a battle if it had one ship in it, youd make a forum topic about how powerful that one ship was and that we should ban it, shut up and stop screaming and whining, you dont deserve to be in this game if you cant handle it, you dont see anybody else crying about getting bashed or anything like that.
Senor
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:37 am    Post subject:

DragonLilly wrote:

QUIT TRYING TO (EXPLETIVE) UP YOU NEWB BASHER SO THEY DON'T QUIT...

Back to top »
colinthecorgi
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:42 am    Post subject:

Actually, when you gun for the top position, and there is someone else there, it is generally a good idea to attack them or grab their flag.

That's part of the game.

I know most of this is flaming, since neither XYZ nor CGC seem to have much problems gathering points
But still, come on, 6 vs 6 looks ok to me. Fight and use your resources for best result.
Another era we in WFS were gunning for number one, and saw that NS had a healthy lead on us, so we attacked them and grabbed their flag. They attacked us right back. A lot of coordination was needed, and it was an excellent opportunity to practice defense. To sum it up, it was great action.
An even earlier era it was NS+WFS vs TO with ToC. That time we got the strong end of the wick (sorry: wrong end of the stick), but it was really really interesting and educational. I didn't quit because I got my butt kicked sometimes.

The bottom line is this:
It's easy to gather points off bad players who never learn, and off inactive players who just leave a lot of MP sitting there.
In that context the aliiance with highest activity rate multiplied by their number of members will gather the most points.
It gets much more tricky when other active and not fatally moronic players attack you right back, then you have to hone your skills, coordinate and do a good offense/defense mix. IMO this is the most intersting part of the game. So far I've gathered points by attacking and defending against a mix of players, but honestly most of them come from the weaker opponents and the inactive ones. So I have a bunch of points. But if WFS was holding a healthy lead and other alliances wanted the number one spot I am sure I would have a larger number of visitors, and more experienced ones. That's the way it is.

So, my message is this:
CGC has a very high activity level, and strong companionship in the alliance. Coordinate, consider good defensive and offensive options. Experienced players (CoW especially) must sometimes _order_ new players what to research and build so that it fits the general strategy well, and the newer players must sometimes obey so that they don't get smashed all the time. What is done to one of your bases can also be done to one enemy base.

Fight for glory, honor, and most of all: fun!

T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:20 am    Post subject:

mjx1 wrote:
T2 wrote:
Cmon... be serious and admit you harvested points somehow. How else do you get to the top of the score card?
A good leader would mix it up a bit so it don't look so obvious.

By good organisation. Why how do you usually play T2?

Either prove we cheated or stop your EXPLETIVE.

Even if we did. Do two wrongs suddenly make a right.

To be hoenst the whole thing kinda reminds me of this:

http://regentsprep.org/Regents/global/themes/conflict/images/tank-1.jpg

Lowvoice...lighten up I'm not accusing anyone of cheating. Harvesting dead or almost dead accounts is as legal as hitting new players or players at the top of the scorecard and this is what it's really all about.
CGC want to dominate the points without having to work for it.
XYZ also want to rule the scorecard so guess what's going to happen ?

There is an many old saying when it's time to get something done..
"Either EXPLETIVE, fight or hold the light" but do something.
For XYZ to become first they can farm dead accounts or farm the farmers.
Jeez...corporations have been farming the real farmers for years.

Anyone though would do what XYZ are doing. The 3 players Senor mentioned above are really doing a great job of holding off the opposition so I think they will be better players when the dust settles.
They also have the benefit of Sparks experience as well.

Keep up the good fight boys, maybe you can get another experienced player to work "advisory" for you.
Lowvoice, your skills I'm sure are not up to snuff as you have been inactive for so long but you sound like someone who may have a stake in this.
If so...get out there and show them how it's done as well. If XYZ only used 3 of their 6 players, would that even the odds?
War however, as I see it is inevitable as long as CGC is a scoreboard threat to XYZ.

Of course, there is always the creature/ colony game that don't involve conflict atm.
 Back to top »
mjx1
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:26 am    Post subject:

I pretty much remember the basics, just gotta brush up on my manual

and not neccassarily a 3 on 3 war but Lily and I would apprechiate it if you focused the fire power on Me, sparks and her. It just seems like the new guys are being targeted because they are new.
"Although the constant shadow of certain death looms over everyday, the pleasures and joys of life can be so fine and deeply affecting that the heart is nearly stilled by astonishment" - Dean R Koontz
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Marth Diro
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:26 am    Post subject:

if a new player becomes a member of an alliance, he primarily is not only a noob but an alliance member. he will be treated like every other alliance member by an opposing alliance, especially in a war. clear thing.

to sum it up, i really do not (and don't want to) see the point that something is going wrong in that XYZ vs CGC war.

in my first days in NS my base + buildings were leveled several times by Fools Gold, but in opposite to you, lilly, i have to say, it was a pleasure to learn the game that way, i had to learn what i could do better to defend, attack...

lilly, my advise for you is, look for a therapy in RL and don't abuse ST as a therapy. this will not work. i don't want you to quit, go on playing ST but calm down and give you a chance to have fun. and give it us also, since we're all involved in your problems you have with the game? with other humans? or with not being the central point of everything?
hope you don't feel attacked by my post, that's not my intention.
Mighty
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:18 am    Post subject:

I love how they play a game of war and cry like babies when they get there asses kicked!

This game is by far the most fair game out there.. there is no bonuses for having played longer and no reason why new players should be pampered.

this game is not about how long you played.. it's about how good you can add 2 + 2 and figure shit out for your self. in here the term vet stands for smarter players and the term noob is reserved for idiots. case and point would be senor (a vet after a few months) vs mjx (a noob after a few years) ..

don't get me wrong new players need support and a bit of help starting up.. I would know since I started the two biggest noob trainer alliances in this game. however there are alliances set aside for noobs which they can learn the game in and an alliance boasting "The Great CGC Revolution " should not be crying protection.

in this case both alliances are similar in size and structure and the failure of one alliance is only based on the failure of their leader and older players to help out the newer players.

so if the new players aren't happy have them change alliance and find a leader capable of teaching them how to defend against 9 fleets (or a leader that paints a smaller bulls eye on them) and stop crying already.

AKA "Ace" (21 Apr 2008)
AKA "God" (29 Sep 2002)
AKA "SMod" (25 oct 2002)
Permanently inactive since - 20 Mar 2009
 Back to top »
Connor McCloud
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:00 pm    Post subject:

mjx1 wrote:
I pretty much remember the basics, just gotta brush up on my manual

and not neccassarily a 3 on 3 war but Lily and I would apprechiate it if you focused the fire power on Me, sparks and her. It just seems like the new guys are being targeted because they are new.

How could that be possible if she keeps deleting
I'm going to N`secropud of Baducari ETA in 6h 30 min so come and defend him you have time to arrive

Back to top »
Connor McCloud
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:42 pm    Post subject:

LOL no help from both of you showed up , maybe you'll help Monte going to his place , wich gives you even more time to come ETA over 11h

Back to top »
mjx1
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:46 pm    Post subject:

Sorry connor I went to bed after I made my last post so I didnt see yours.

Perhaps you'll have some fun this time round tho
 Back to top »
Connor McCloud
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:23 pm    Post subject:

LOL allready battled had the luck that I ran into a little bug and lost all my ships . will rebuild and see what I will do :d

Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » General Discussion » veteran players of the game are hurting the player count
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: