Alliance score
Goto page 1, 2  Next
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Suggestions » Alliance score
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Failtrip1
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:32 am    Post subject: Alliance score

Could we get back to the old system of alliance score.
If you are in an alliance and all points gain there counts towards alliance score BUT if you leave your score leaves with you.
It used to be this way and dont know why it shouldnt be again like this.
If you are part of an ally stick with it or dont be in one.

Last edited by Failtrip1 on Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Connor McCloud
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject:

You are right Mare , I say yes to this change , it will make you think twice before leaving your alliance

Back to top »
colinthecorgi
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject:

I guess you'd need to let the alliance keep scores from "normally evod" members. They would be removed at end of era.

How about "prematurely evod" members? I'd say no, remove the points immediately. On the other hand, could you remove negative scores this way by just prematurely deleting and creating a new account?

It all gets complicated
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:28 pm    Post subject:

Why is it guys that no matter how I play, even if it's not cheating AT ALL you all still need to complain?? I don't forsee any problems with leaving your alliance and resetting your account whenever you wish... as long as you don't wish to be FC...

If I got locked into an account and 'FORCED' to evo for you score to count to the alliance... this would definitely make me really hate the game....

Finding people is part of the game... so it should be kept as a tactic that can be used...

WOW!! I must be the most influential player ever to play ST... everyone uses these tactics for years and noone says anything until I use it... Where's my Spacey Award Trophy GNN

hmm... wonder what other changes I can 'FORCE' into this game...
 Back to top »
Jack09
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject:

First of all, that sounds like a good idea, that would make people stop leaving to hide so they dont go to negatives, and that would get complicated like connor said, and DL, no one ever mentioned or even hinted at your name, and your not the most influential player here, your the player that everyone hates for cheating and lying, its the only way you can, so get used to it.
mjx1
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject:

DL firstly you're not influential, just annoying. No one else in the game evos out early very often. No one even mention your name till you started claiming we did. So please enjoy your can of worms wriggle around this thread.

Secondly I think Failtrip is right. It's quite sad we need to make this game as watertight as possible thanks to a few members using loopholes but we will do exactly that if that's whats required until every loophole is fixed and the only way to play is fairly.
"Although the constant shadow of certain death looms over everyday, the pleasures and joys of life can be so fine and deeply affecting that the heart is nearly stilled by astonishment" - Dean R Koontz
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jack09
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject:

Or some people can just stop cheating and play the(i stress this greatly) "GAME" the right way without cheating.
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject:

@ MJX1... I don't have any problems with making this game watertighter as you put it... I just don't see any problems with allowing members to leave alliances and having to take their scores with them...

as of right now the CGC isn't cheating in any way nor are we using or have used any loopholes this era... and we plan on keeping that way... if resetting an account is a loophole well by darn aren't we all guilty... NS did it last era and I can name a few more... but only when the CGC does something 'OH THIS MUST CHANGE AND NOW!' so its ok for everyone else to use these for YEARS but when the CGC uses them... its different...

I know the CGC didn't exactly play fair last era with using the drop 2 tactic... but as you all know of our reasons... but we intend on playing this era completely fair... we want to prove that you don't have to cheat to be number 1!!!

Unlike XYZ (Senor) who bashed us with 7500MP when the new FC changes bug happened... so at least I can say ... WOW all I've done is reset my account which is PERFECTLY legal... I don't see anything I did as wrong and it has been used for years so no need to make adjustments to it ... its part of the game deal with it...

Its almost like you all don't like new players coming into this game that do well... especially when they out-wit you... with your own tactics that were used for years...

Just remember I wouldn't have learned any of these maneuvers if they were told or shown to me... the drop 2 tactic (told to me by shade) and the resetting accounts - yah well seen many other players do this...
 Back to top »
zaphod
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject:

hey lilly!
i think you can get a trophy... the COWARD TROPHY
 Back to top »
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject:

zaphod wrote:
hey lilly!
i think you can get a trophy... the COWARD TROPHY

if I recall right zaphod... a Quote from you after I wiped you base while I was Ray... "I've never seen such a massive display of destruction" as I used 400+ MLs against your C4 - then you begged me to ask my alliance not to hit you while you were going away for a few days... I sent the ingame messages all-around within my alliance and they can vouch you said this...

so I guess you'd be classified as a coward too as you begged me to not have my alliance hit you...
 Back to top »
mjx1
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:28 pm    Post subject:

DL the reason people are targetting you is because

A. You go on about vets cheating and noob bashing which pisses us off to start with
B. You're leader of the top alliance. If you can't play fair, what hope does everyone else have.
C. You have a history of using bad tactics.

We are very glad you have decided to change but the other players will be keeping an eye on you to see if your true to your word.

Senor experiment with the extra fleet to see if there was a bug. He found there was and reported it and it was sorted. End of case.
"Although the constant shadow of certain death looms over everyday, the pleasures and joys of life can be so fine and deeply affecting that the heart is nearly stilled by astonishment" - Dean R Koontz
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
zaphod
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject:

i remember out little fights. and i remember to ask you not to attack while i am on vacation.
i think this is a normal question. i am playing this game since 2002 (with some pause) and in all the time i fought many wars (not only little fights u talked about). and it was allways a "not-written-right" not to attack players, which are on holliday.
so i told you that with the hope of your honour.

you see the point? nothing to do with beeing coward, or did i delete my account after i got any attacks so that i can hide behind a new name? and do something like that ??

Last edited by zaphod on Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:33 pm    Post subject:

@MJX1 - We are playing fair... and as for me calling vets newb bashers... you all are to us as we've got 4 members under 1year of play experience... we'd love to learn new setups and fleet configs but in turn to swim we have to play what we know we can play... I really wouldn't mind loosing battles/points to learn but I won't let my alliance loose a war...

@Zaph - ok I can respect that... but in turn I really think it was a very low blow with what you did to my base knowing it was sitting at a 0/0/0/3... no DA not even a MS... and you knew this and still wacked it... this hit from you is what made me start over... I didn't feel I had any chance to even begin to think about trying new setups...

TO ALL: I'd rather discuss this on IRC then starting a forum war... I'm there if you wish to chat
 Back to top »
mjx1
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject:

DragonLily you can't claim to be a noob whilst sitting on the number one position. People will always want to attack the number one spot out of jealousy and you did bring about a lot of these about wars yourself. If you want to experiment with a fleet setup fine do it. Who cares if you lose a battle? At least you know what works and what doesn't in the future, it's how you learn. It's just a game afterall.
 Back to top »
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject:

MJX1 - First please join me in IRC... I'd rather chat more about this on IRC then spamming up the forums with probability of a forum war starting...

I can see where your coming from... and of which I don't mind loosing battles but the problem is that I won't allow my alliance to loose a war... so if that means putting my training aside to see that my alliance wins the war so be it... but its like every time the CGC turns around... WAM!... we're number 1 without hardly trying... and next thing we know WAR TIME... and when your base keeps on getting wiped out so much for getting new research... your pretty much stuck with what you have... this is where I'm saying that vets bash newbs alot... we're a new lesser experienced and are active... should we be punished for our activity levels to the point were we can't enjoy the game??
 Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject:

" should we be punished for our activity levels to the point were we can't enjoy the game??"

Perhaps the question should be " Do you need to win to enjoy the game?"
 Back to top »
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject:

T2 wrote:
" should we be punished for our activity levels to the point were we can't enjoy the game??"

Perhaps the question should be " Do you need to win to enjoy the game?"

3 easy ways to anwser that...

1 - a battle - No...
2 - a War - YES...
3 - an era... not required but is nice if it happens...
 Back to top »
linux666
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:01 pm    Post subject:

.......!!!!
bang head ....some things are really...really..

Getting back on topic, i agree with failtrip...without going into details, 'cause i don't want to , if you think about it, it makes the most sense, specially preventing players from changing their accounts more often than they change their undies!!
Failtrip1
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject:

Well now I wont even bother to read this jumba bumba you all wrote.I just take a brief look over it so dont blame me if I misunderstood something you all wrote,well you can I dont really care since you all didnt get me quite right:

Change the alliance scoring system back to way it was!!!

I personally dont care if you make a new account every two hours ,this isnt about deletion its about alliance scoring system.

On a side not Lilly:
If you would spend at least 1/10 of time really playing,enjoying ,experimenting and learning this game as you try to use loophole just to avoid doing those first things I mentioned than that would be great.

And again I say this is just for changing back to way it was since old system was better.If you leave or abandoned someone you also take your stuff away and if the one you abandon wants stuff back well then he must go and take it by himself.
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject:

Mare... I spent 50% of my evo as Alpha... and was in the process of building new ships to learn new configs... but Zaph came by and blew up my base while it was a 0/0/0/3.... why punish my alliance if I choose to recreate???

THE SCORING DOESN'T NEED TO BE CHANGED! DON'T PUNISH AN ALLIANCE FOR WANTING TO RECREATE IF THEY FEEL THAT THEY ARE BEING BASHED!
 Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Suggestions » Alliance score
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: