Recent topics Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
SO? (about newbie bashing)
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » General Discussion » SO? (about newbie bashing)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DragonLilly
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:03 am    Post subject: SO? (about newbie bashing)

OK, so I realize that I've become a very angry person that has lost a high amount of honor for many players of this game... let's talk about this for a few...

The CGC is highly upset that our newbies were bashed to the point of not being able to play for weeks... yes they are in a high ranking alliance that is at war... BUT...

here's a few ?'s the CGC would like to ask the community...

1 - Why can't a newbie feel free to join whatever alliance he/she wishes and not be punished for it - as in not being allowed to play for weeks if that alliance goes to war?

CGC's comment: Our 2 newbies (1 first evo and the other 2nd evo) were bashed and punished for joining the CGC early in the XYZ/CGC war by veteran players of XYZ for almost 3 weeks not being able to play this game... Now the CGC has hit a few newbies in our time but NEVER not allowing them to research something new or being able to rebuild... unlike the veteran players of XYZ who did this to 2 of our new members/players...

2 - where is the honor on the battle field for these new players from veteran players?

CGC's comment: There is no honor as the veteran members don't care about a player being new to the game EVEN if they join a high ranking alliance... a new player should be hit, not saying they shouldn't but they also shouldn't be bashed to the ground to where they can't play the game...

3 - When an alliance is at war with another alliance when is it fair for another alliance or individual to interfere?

CGC's comment: When spocko hit a CGC member by accident during the CGC/XYZ war he apologized and decided to level things off with hitting an XYZ member... XYZ complained that he was interfering with the war meanwhile he was just correcting the imbalance he caused... I politely asked Jack09 to stay out of our war but he refused so we launched an assault on him and this angered many... why? he should be staying out of our war... as this is the feeling we got from XYZ that noone should be interfering with the war...

4 - Everything that the CGC does is wrong, meanwhile when veteran players do this same thing its ok... why the favoritism?

CGC's comment: We have began to feel that whatever we do is wrong but when a veteran player does the same thing its considered ok...

some examples...

XYZ complaining that a player is interfering with a war... gets player to stop... CGC complains about a player interfering... oh that's ok he can fight who he wants...

or... TO uses the drop 2 tactic - OK to everyone but CGC uses it... oh that's cheating...

or... the CGC calls others names - oh this is against forum rules... but when the veteran alliance of XYZ does this to CGC everyone just looks the other way and laughs...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The CGC feels and have felt that this community has not shown them any respect or honor... we feel that we're being pushed around and discriminated against... and not welcomed... we understand of why this could be now but don't understand why we never felt this before... we also don't have any clue to why the war started against us at the beginning of the new era either... we've heard several reasons but noone has been 100% clear to us... we are still learning what is expected of us to be part of this community... noone has communicated exactly what we have done wrong... we'd appreciate to become part of this community but without honor from others that won't be possible...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now I know I haven't been the politest of people around here but can you all see why I haven't... we have not seen honor or respect... and figured that everyone was just being (excuse the language) as.sholes to us and didn't care about us in the least... I can see why this would be NOW but not then... we don't appreciate the way we've been treated and thus causing me not to show any respect on these forums... maybe I just have a different view of playing then this community I really don't know... so I ask the community... to please discuss the above examples/issues that the CGC has and maybe we'll have a better understanding of the expectations from us... I truthfully don't want to fight but if there is no respect why should I show any back...
 Back to top »
Mighty
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:43 pm    Post subject:

Okay, I'll try to be nice here..

1. New players are very much welcome to join any alliance of there choosing. however they should not expect any special treatment if they are joining a top ranking alliance in war. so it is assumed that new players that are joining such alliances at such times are looking for a fight. alliances TF and IG were made specially to help out new players. any player in any other alliance is fair game. XYZ team has been pretty much the same size or smaller then CGC in members. so if they have somehow managed to prevent CGC players from building bases then it is rather an achievement for them. if CGC at anytime found this to be unacceptable there option would have been to surrender or to let go of new members.

2. As the leader of a few training alliances I can tell you that no vet cares if you have new players in your alliance as long as your alliance is doing good. your mentor shade and TO used to run on new players for a living. now XYZ is not as bad but considering the dwindling number of players you shouldn't expect them not to try to get points from any opportunity they see.

3. Just because you are in a war it does not mean that you are off limits to other players. the decision of others to let you be or to attack you is purely there decision. we had many wars whereby different alliances decided to pick sides. I remember back in 2nd round of ST bounty hunters and SM's were fighting and they had 7 other alliances joining the two sides of the war just to make it more fun. wars aren't always balanced and they are not meant to be.. If CGC has managed to piss off players such and Jack then jack can attack CGC anytime he wants. mind you looking at CGC and XYZ posted battle histories you can count 9 vs 12 out of war attacks on each side respectively. so xyz is actually getting attacked by outside war members more often then CGC.

4.Everything TO did was wrong. and I mean everything. so don't feel too special. just because another alliance is led by an idiot doesn't mean you have to follow. what CGC did was clearly decided to be cheating and just because they got you and not TO means little (other then to say TO's ass is covered by Mods who are members of it and are used to looking the other way and covering up dirt)

People generally make fun of people they don't like. and the rules generally accommodate majority.

I don't exactly know why the war started but generally speaking alliances in the top of the charts go to war with each other regularly. this is a game of war and the fact that you are mad to be in a war surprises me.

I've told you before you talk too much and out of place. if you wish to earn peoples respect you need to change your behavior.

AKA "Ace" (21 Apr 2008)
AKA "God" (29 Sep 2002)
AKA "SMod" (25 oct 2002)
Permanently inactive since - 20 Mar 2009
 Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject:

I shall echo Mighty's comments and agree wholeheartly.
I will also add that respect and honor are two attributes that must be earned...not bestowed upon.
No one...NO ONE... is immune to this "natural" law. This applies in real life or a computer game. It's a quirk of human nature.

No one likes a complainer.
No one likes people who cheat
No one likes a crybaby
No one likes a bully
No one likes a thief

The above applies to real life. If someone (no fingers pointed btw) governs their life and subscribes to the above "no-no's" they will find the world will turn against them. Again...laws of human nature.

The web allows people to adopt different persona's and they can portray a completely different character than they adopt in RL. They can say they are King however, they still must EARN respect and honor. It is not automatically bestowed upon them.

A certain amount of respect is automatically given to another person however, it is up to that person to demonstrate they rightfully deserve it.
They can cultivate that measure of respect that is given and make it grow or kill it off completely through their actions and words.

Sow the seeds of contempt and you will harvest a bushel of the things that make up contempt. These "things" include ostracism, shunning, scorn and disrespect. Anyone who plants this type of garden should not be surprised when they find roses don't grow there.

Vulgarity and profanity is the fertilizer for a contemptuous garden.

Anyone who excuses their own bad behavior by making excuses that they were "forced" into it by extraneous circumstances, while accusing others are somewhat hypocritical in their observations and comments.

Humble pie is good food for the soul. It makes "human beings" out of us all. To be unable to accept humility makes for a incomplete person.
Incomplete people cannot go through life without constantly getting a double dose of the things that attempts to force them to accept humility. These things include bestowing upon them the things that they enjoy bestowing upon other people.

If anyone feels life is unfair, the world is out to get them, that they must fight for everything they procure and take what they can, will find that the world IS against them.

I won't get into philosophy any more that I have done so and I'll end this post by saying treat people like you would like to be treated and life will not be so unkind.

Mods has had to close out and lock more threads in the last 4 weeks than anytime I have seen in my time in SpaceTrace.
This type of behavior is not normal in ST.
If anyone cannot bring something positive to the game, the room for them here will get smaller and smaller until they are forced out via public opinion and action. Anyone who cannot enjoy themselves here is best to reexamine their role here and ask themselves if this game is right for them.
 Back to top »
Connor McCloud
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject:

Why do you twist reality Lilly ?

1) the new members had the bad luck to be inbetween MTWG flight . they also joined in free will we as XYZ can't say we don't attack them cause they are new , they would attack us if we let them play.

2) Why speak about honnor if you don't know what it means.you don't care about your alliance flagg . defend your flagg is an honnor thing retrieving also .in a war it is simple kill your opponent , make sure they can't fight . no matter skill or evo level .

3) WFS did more attacks on XYZ than only 1 . we are not the ones that pi**ed of Jack , that he hates CGC so much has a reason

4) Sorry here also ,who is complaining about base busting , who is complaining about heavy flagg defence

I have been in -TO- when we did the drop to 2 trick and then it was also called unfair so no -TO- did this and it was OK

there is a differnce between calling somebody chicken than call someone a**hole

To get respect shown you ave to earn it , and not by beeing #1 alliance by swanking and noob bashing .
My reason to join this war that I didn't like DL boosting how good CGC was , without backing this up by battle , only by scoring .if that is the main thing scoring I would be #1 in a few weeks , I give advice to newer players , only when at war they are opponents . even then I'll give advice when asked .

DL since you are on the forum you haven't been the politest , so it has nothing to do with this war .

Earn respect , and then you will get it, but you aren't half way

Back to top »
zaphod
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject:

lilly wrote: "shut your EXPLETIVE pie hole pipsqueak"

with such words, u r not earning any respect or honor... so please calm down in your words.

of course, this is for all!
 Back to top »
Jack09
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:13 am    Post subject:

LOL!! i should be writing this^^
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » General Discussion » SO? (about newbie bashing)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: