16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

Sparks
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:28 am    Post subject: Credits and Voting

(Please vote on the survey above.)

I was thinking ...to help ST get some exposure on the mmorpg rating sites we could link a daily vote at each site with say a credit or something similar that could be exchanged for credits.

Other online games do this so why can't ST.

Also it will increase the advertising space if u do this eg if an extra page is put in between the each voting button (/click) for each site and the voting site.

Also it might be better if the "vote for ST" link is in game rather than on the log in screen.

I don't think many people pay for credits so the loss in the revenue (if any) from this can be offset by offering the advertising space out...It will also mean having to make the credits mean more in the game...which of course adds a new dimension.

If we can do this it may help advertise and attract more players?
Inatic
Commander
Commander

Post Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject:

i agree.

many other online games have this feature, and it would bring more people into st who see this game had high votes.
 Back to top »
Jack09
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject:

ive never even clicked the link, no wait i did, then they started saying stufff in german or something, and i went whatever.
dumenop
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject:

same as jack.
MicroJak
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:36 pm    Post subject:

I think I have mentioned this before:

MicroJak wrote:
I did actually try to create a Spacetrace wiki article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Spacetrace&action=edit&redlink=1

As you can see, it got deleted, however now I have more knowledge of wikipedia and I have more prestige on there too, I shall try and create a new page and see what happens.

Here's my wikipage:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:%C2%B2wenty%C2%B3

As for the advertising, It is one of my strong views that spacetrace should have a 'voting' section for it to gain more members. Perhaps the more votes, the more credits. It's simple. Other games have the same system... other games are more popular.

Take a look at this screenshot of the 'Marketing' forum:

There are countless sites where ST is 'intergrated', however none have many votes.. therefore I don't see the point unless we provide a clear link to vote for ST, somewhere ingame.

It seems sensless that we have all these links yet nobody is clicking on them.. I think I mentioned this to admin, however I forgot the exact reply.

But I agree, with everything. VOTES = CREDITS = POPULARITY. .
Sparks
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject:

the problem is i think a) the voting for st process is unclear and more importantly b) there is no solid link to the playing of the game therefore no value for a player. If u can earn credits ore some kind of gold coins with which u can buy credits or will help u in the game people are more likely to vote.
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:22 am    Post subject:

it is a good suggestion, but there is one big problem:
on many game sites, you get banned if you add such a credit system to your voting players.

you would have to find out on which sites it is allowed, and then we can add a credit system for these

@jack and domenop:
there are several links for voting and only some are in german, and even these have an explanation on our voting site beneath the vote button, what to do there

so please everyone vote once a week, cause on most sites it is enough to have only one vote a week to be in the weekly rankings)
 Back to top »
Sparks
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject:

The following is from the voting screen of another space mmorpg I am having a look at. The links are shown.

---------------------------------------------
Quote:
QUOTE FROM GF

Voting

It's recommended that you don't Vote unless you have good Anti-Virus & Internet Security software
Voting opens up the Voting Sites in a new window and we cannot guarantee they are all 100% safe

15 Points for each Vote

Mmorpg100.com

10 Points for each Vote
AFreeGaming.com
ApexWebGaming.com
Gamez100.com
GTop100.com
Mmorpg150.com
Oz-Games200.com

5 Points for each Vote

DirectoryOfGames.com
GameSitesTop100.com
GamingSites100.com

Vote again in 1 days, 21 hours & 10 minutes

MmorpgToplist.com
Mpog100.com

Vote again in 1 days, 21 hours & 11 minutes

Mpogr.com
MpogTop.com
OnlineTop100.com
Top100Arena.com

Vote again in 2 days, 21 hours & 12 minutes

TopGameSites.net

1 Points for each Vote
Best-Rpg.com
GameSites101.com
JagToplist.com
Top100Mmo.com

Vote again in 4 days, 21 hours & 13 minutes
TopMmorpgSites.com

Please actually Vote at these sites and don't just open and close the links as Voting helps bring in more new Players

Free-Games.com.au

------------------------------------------

Clicking on each link opens a voting screen for that individual voting site. Then u click to vote.

The points which you get for clicking on each link is totally intrinsic in the game. In fact without points u have no chance of playing since points are needed to actually build ships.

Quote:

Points are the most crucial aspect of the GF Game.

Points are used for building and buying Ships. Contact your local Shipbuilder for info on how to buy ships. Without them there would not be a single Freighter or Warship in GF.

Players also use points to buy Planets and large quantities of resources.

There are now multiple ways to acquire points.

1. While you are logged in you receive a small number of points every CE.
2. You have the option to Vote on the Bottom Bar menu of the GF Interface.
3. You receive 1 Point for every post you make in the Forum.
4. While browsing the in-game Boards you will notice at the top section an option to earn points for taking Surveys.
5. You can Donate. Donating gives you the option to donate real world currency, and as a thank you gift you will receive a certain number of points based on your donation level. Donations are used to fund the servers the game is running on, as well as paying for the time and hard work of the game developer(s) to continue to make GF a fun, expansive, and ever exciting gaming experience for its players...that means YOU!

I dont know if this is legitamte but it looks like they have not been docked or banned since GF has been around and doing this for atleast a year.

Also if u look at that top site: Mmorpg100.com...this is what they say regarding registering your rpg

Quote:
Registration / MMORPG100 rules

The MMORPG100 has a few house-rules to keep the listing fair and accurate.

1. MMORPG100 currently only accepts online rpgs in the catagories : text based , browser based, 2d and 3d mmorpg. Do not submit your website if you dont offer a playable online rpg game.

2. You may only create 1 account for each domain , do not submit subdomains, subfolders, portals or dynamic URLS or any other re-direct to the same content / website.

3. We will review all suggested mmorpg websites first (usually within 24 hours) We are doing this to keep our list clean and accurate. All votes you receive while waiting will be stored in our database.

4. We list english mmorpg websites only. Do not use too many CAPS in your title / description.

5. Refrain from voting your own game and encouraging others to vote for you (for example: showing the vote button in popup windows, software toolbars, or rewarding players to click on the vote button)

6. If you signup with and reference number inside the url (for example http://www.domain.com/?ref=29292) there is a chance that your listing will be rejected, please contact us first.

7. If the FAQ do not answer your questions, please contact us by e-mail.

As u can see in rule 5 they are actually encouraging the game makers to provide incentives for voting....>>"encouraging others to vote for you (for example: .......[by] rewarding players to click on the vote button) "

S*
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:58 am    Post subject:

Quote:
5. Refrain from voting your own game and encouraging others to vote for you (for example: showing the vote button in popup windows, software toolbars, or rewarding players to click on the vote button)
refrain means: don't do it,

so it is illegal what they do and you should blackmail them, cause they are falsifying the votes on these sites
 Back to top »
Sparks
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:38 pm    Post subject:

Woops total grammer mistake. Didnt see the ing at the end of encourag...ing. If it was just encourage then that would be alright....ah well.

Anyway atleast these are extra links you can add to your voting screen. So more adverts for ST.
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » General Discussion » Credits and Voting
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: