Recent topics Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Announcement!: New Planets to Battle!
Goto page 1, 2  Next
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » General Discussion » Announcement!: New Planets to Battle!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackmagic
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Announcement!: New Planets to Battle!

UPDATE (3/1/2010):

Here are the accounts that have been made.
Quote:

O* 1337 hacker of Spacetrace. 4718 449/473/58
O* Googling of Everything!! 2256 457/495/33
O* N00bers of n00bworld 6022 501/473/62
O* Only Master of Elite Hunters 8502 529/502/68
O* Tycoious of Brache 5497 507/507/42
O* |Moody of Baby| 3564 482/493/45
O* ~Face of Fear~ 5697 463/455/64
O* Viva of Vis 465/484/15

You should be able to copy and paste this list onto your com list. Feel free to pay them a visit, but be warned. you will not leave unscathed.

Greetings ^^
Wow it's been a long time since I've been to spacetrace. Almost 2 years? Well, looks like not much has changed cept the number of players. Dwindled quite a bit huh? I betting that the game gets pretty boring without people to fight.

Since I'm always online and kinda have time and lots of experience I'm hoping to propose a suggestion.

I'm planning on breaking one of the rules of spacetrace for the sake of entertainment.
I will try to create at least 10 accounts myself under the condition that
Quote:

1) they will not attack anybody
2) they will not coordinate defenses unless attacked by more than 2 players =>meaning i'll take on 2 v 1 but i'll bring in another account if its more than that. These accounts are not for point bashing.
3) These accounts will only try to rearrange their fleets to defend themselves

Some of the benefits:

Quote:
1) I've played spacetrace for many years before i quit so I know how to play.
2) This is a good way for people to play against someone who's experienced and learn.
3) Get to fight! => Battle experience
4) I will post up EVERY ACCOUNT and its COODS!!!
5) Good Practice
6) Newbie Helper=> Message any account for questions and help.
7) etc......

If anyone has any other conditions and any objections, I'll give it a go =)
Now if the admin has anything against this he is free to delete the accounts that i register. Good hunting!

*I'll post up any Battle report summaries if you like.

Last edited by blackmagic on Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:34 pm; edited 8 times in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ncaries
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:17 am    Post subject:

Blackmagic, welcome back!

you cant help a game by playing it not by the rules.

one account will do!
 Back to top »
BugMan
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:45 am    Post subject:

I'm still sort of new, But who's to regulate your probe data. You should just help people join your alliance and you can be the COW and guide them what to do and what they couldv'e done.
 Back to top »
blackmagic
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:15 am    Post subject:

meh.... why would they need probe data? they're just gonna sit there. As long as I log onto them once every 8 days they won't expire.

I kinda had my time with making alliances and I'm not very good at recruiting. If you're familiar with MasterHunters, then you'd know that my alliances never got many members.

Anyways, I'll see what happens. The era ends in less than a month, and looks like space could use a few more planets until there are more players. I would hope that my previous reputation would be good enough to show that I only mean good and I do not plan on abusing the accounts like newbies do.

I'll do what i'll plan anyways and if they get deleted, no loss for me. Just thought I could waste some time on spacetrace for old times sake.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mjx1
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Heya Blackmagic long time no see old man.

Indeed no one would accuse you of any wrong doing, well least not I two years is a long time in this game people have long since came and left.

Wouldn't worry about recruiting too much the largest alliance in the top 6 has four members. Besides Masterhunter was a pretty well respected alliance if memory serves well.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject:

hi blackmagic.

welcome back!
i appreciate your help and i trust you, that you will not abuse the multiple accounts to do any harm to the game play.

have fun being bashed
 Back to top »
colinthecorgi
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject:

So, some magical defenses to try ehh?

This is actually a really nice idea. As long as it's all straight up and no abuse it would be the perfect training ground for newbs.

Now we'll just fix this immortality thing and then we'll see.
 Back to top »
zaphod
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:27 pm    Post subject:

do i get the point? you will just only try to make def work? you will not try to make revenge? btw i think if you try to get your lost points back, it will be hard for you not to get unfair. you will have all coords in a very short time with so many accounts. so that is one of the points not to have more then one account.
don´t understand me wrong. i think your try is a very good one. it can get new action to ST. everybody will ttry to attack you now... have fun.

-----------------

do u want to join my alliance
 Back to top »
ncaries
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:33 pm    Post subject:

pfffff, i must be in the wrong mood:

"Even my dear admin agrees to this.

Instead of fixing bugs and improving the game.....

i think i will choose to be immortal with my next 20 accounts to help newbies and be trusted for ever"

bang head
 Back to top »
blackmagic
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:35 pm    Post subject:

@ zaphod: This should have answered your question

Quote:

1) they will not attack anybody
2) they will not coordinate defenses unless attacked by more than 2 players
3) These accounts will only try to rearrange their fleets to defend themselves

You can come at me with wat ever you want. I'll only defend.

Anyone is welcome to send any of the accounts questions. These accounts are here to provide some battle experience and knowledge.

Have fun!
 Back to top »
zaphod
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:45 pm    Post subject:

uuuhhhhh... i overread that. nice to hear it. maybe i will have a try. it could be nice, if you open a threat with all the points from battles you made with these accounts. only the points. not the BR

but i am not realy sure, if this is ok. there are only two rules. and one is ONLY ONE ACCOUNT.

we had lots of discussions in the past about it.
so always have in your mind... it´s very thin ice were you are scating on. but u have the access from the admin.
 Back to top »
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:26 pm    Post subject:

yes, i agreed to this only, cause he will not attack anone, so there can be no interference between the accounts.
and cause blackmagic is a well known player here.

ncaries:
don't take me wrong plz,
unless we all know you better, everyone has to stick to the rules.
this is the only exception, cause it is nice work, if blackmagic helps the newbees
 Back to top »
blackmagic
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:38 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the support =)

This Topic is Admin approved
 Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:41 am    Post subject:

I don't have any problems with multiple bases for the purpose of providing targets. Going offense with more than 1 account is taboo however IMO.

Also, as admin points out, BM has always played fair and I see no reason for him to change now. It is not much different than being leader of IG or TF where one could get coords to many newb accounts and run their regular score in their regular account up to top 10 status.

I think BM, you should allow 2 players to attack your "fodder" accounts and anything over that could be retalliated on. You have been up front and posted your accounts. We really should not see any of the accounts you posted getting too high on the leader stats board.
I hope you also made an account to play "serious" as well. I don't think you will try to pad your "real" account score by attacking your "fodder" accounts.
Some may want to see BR's if you do start climbing the leader board but that should not be a problem assuming everything is above board.

Nice to see you back playing the game.
Cheers,
T2
 Back to top »
mjx1
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:16 am    Post subject:

Indeed admin and ncaries it is important to note that the admin wouldn't just let anybody do this. Blackmagic has been around for 7 years has a perfect track history and is well known. He can be trusted.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
blackmagic
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:28 am    Post subject:

Thanks

I will not be making a personal account for myself. I believe that would make it seem unfair to others and may instigate doubts among others.

@T2: What you mentioned is already in the conditions I posted earlier

Quote:

2) they will not coordinate defenses unless attacked by more than 2 players =>meaning i'll take on 2 v 1 but i'll bring in another account if its more than that. These accounts are not for point bashing.
 Back to top »
T2
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:28 pm Post subject:
Thanks

I will not be making a personal account for myself. I believe that would make it seem unfair to others and may instigate doubts among others.

@T2: What you mentioned is already in the conditions I posted earlier

err....yes...sorry...when I first read your post I thought you meant IF 2 people attack you, you will retaliate. The best attack is the 1-2 punch that 2 players with the right fleets can deliver.

How many times have you ever wished for just 1 more fleet at your disposal when doing a lone attack
 Back to top »
zaphod
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:34 pm    Post subject:

and I think it would be nice, if you make a topic with all points you earn or loose. no BRs and no names, just the points...
 Back to top »
blackmagic
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:47 pm    Post subject:

sure I can do that. So far none to report though.
 Back to top »
BugMan
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:10 am    Post subject:

Can you post Battle Report. Not with the name of attacker or which 1 of your accounts was attacked but a full battle report with some description on why this or that happened. Ex: what shot first and why. I know you can look at ship descriptions and all that but its not the same. Alot of those descriptions were made back when you old timers were in your prime
 Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » General Discussion » Announcement!: New Planets to Battle!
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: