Recent topics Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
making the attitude system more convenient
Goto page Previous  1, 2
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Suggestions » making the attitude system more convenient
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spacetrace
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:33 am    Post subject:

latest thoughts:

we will bring a diplomatic system to spacetrace. above we discussed that we will change the system with the alliance attack code... you read it.

i have a better idea which will not change anything about our system. just adding a diplomatic layer.

so this is the plan.

everything will stay like it is (exept the change with the attack attitude - this will be implementet soon).
you have attack, defense, allilance attack code, or custom code.
i call it the micro attitude

the new thing will be that your alliance can make peace with other alliances. (macro attitude)
there will be a button somewhere (it needs not to be in the fleet screen
) where you can decide to accept the alliance diplomatic decisions or not.

if you accept the diplomatic decicions from your alliance , you wont fight against any of those members of alliances you are in peace with (macro attitude first!)

if you don't accept those peace treaties, your micro attitude counts. with all the possibilities (alliance attack code , defense , etc...)
the alliance attack code still makes pretty much sense here because maybe your alliance will have cooperation with one or 2 players of a foreign alliance, but not all of them.even if you break a peace treaty the ally-code can be useful for treason purposes

the moc will get a nice diplomatic screen where peace treaties are made or broken .

by default the noob-alliances will not be able to make peace treaties...

is that fun?
 Back to top »
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:12 pm    Post subject:

sounds clean to me.

the only question: where do we put the button to obey or break the peace treaties of your alliance?

in preferences?
or directly in the fleets sceen?
 Back to top »
spacetrace
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:14 pm    Post subject:

i thought into the alliance screen. it is easy to access and it's the fitting topic.

default should be accept. i guess the option "do not accept" wont be used so often.
 Back to top »
Senor
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:27 pm    Post subject:

so there will be just one button to ignore all treaties or can it be done separately for each alliance you are at peace? i mean will there be a toggle button for all alliances your minister of communication has accepted peace with?
because there could be a situation where like 3 alliances are guarding one planet and 2 of those alliances decide to betray one alliance. so they need to toggle just that one alliance out.
 Back to top »
spacetrace
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject:

for that you have still the micro attitude. ignore the treaties and use the code.

there is no sense in making the macro attitude more complex.
in the micro attitude is all you need. .. (i hope )
 Back to top »
spacetrace
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:30 pm    Post subject:

so here is a diagram (i will improve it)

normally players will obey the alliance rules , but there are many situations where they will not follow, esp. powergamers.
possible situations could be:
betrayel of the own alliance
betrayel of a foreign alliance
don't wanna fight...

i think any useful combination of betraying players can be managed with the micro attitude.

for the casuals it's quite handy, they can leave the strategic planing to their moc.
another handy thing is that we can implement a wormhole-user-alliance ,so that you don't fight agains the wormhole-portals.
 Back to top »
spacetrace
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:26 pm    Post subject:

it's nearly finished.

there will be a diplomacy screen for the moc, where he can :

declare war
request peace
confirm peace requests
decline peace requests
... with any alliance

and one thing: make peace with the wormhole portals (without answer from the wormholes - just click on peace for that)

the question is:

should we have something like a peace with the wormholes (you could use an aggressive micro-attitude even when using the wormholes - but battleling against other using the wormhole , even if they have defense attitude)

one idea of the wormholes was that it should be only be used with a defensive attitude , something like : neutral space.

what do you think?

what do you think?

what do you think?

(i am favoring the possibility to have peace with wormhole, that would enable me to have fights on wormholes without fighting the portals)
 Back to top »
Senor
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject:

I think i like the wormholes better when you can fight on them. That makes wormholes tactical locations that can be guarded for unsuspecting people jumping out. ambushes basically.

Maybe if we have more players it will be annoying though when wormholes are always a dangerous place. but i guess thats what dsp-s and eye in the sky is for.

i vote the same- possibility to have peace with the wormhole.
 Back to top »
Achilles
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:33 am    Post subject:

If you can select to have peace with the wormhole, but fight other players there, wouldn't it just make sense to always have it set to not fight the wormhole? There is no advantage to fighting a wormhole at all.

I say keep it like it is, defensive attitude at the wormholes for peace, anything else for a fight. It keeps the wormholes somewhat friendly places (for the most part).
 Back to top »
spacetrace
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:21 am    Post subject:

there is a reason to fight against the wormhole: if you want to destroy it.

the players created them, they should be able to destroy them

Quote:
I say keep it like it is, defensive attitude at the wormholes for peace, anything else for a fight. It keeps the wormholes somewhat friendly places (for the most part).

i hope you wont be too unhappy if we implement the wormhole contract... we discussed it last night:

* fights against the wormhole are really confusing for noobs - i trained some new players for the empire game and wormholes are widly used there (tip: check out the map - you find all wormholes there) - it always lead to confusion, esp. if you want them to use an alliance code...
* wormholes do not avoid fights at all, they only avoid the usage of selfdestruction ships, for example evasor.
* having such a system would give the player more control AND more convenience - i think that is what i like most
 Back to top »
Achilles
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:37 pm    Post subject:

I won't mind at all if you change it, I was just putting in my opinion.

Wormholes were not intended to be battlegrounds from the beginning, I remember having accidental battles at wormholes all the time, and they always ended with messages back and forth "sorry, I forgot to set to defense", "I didn't mean that fight", etc. I liked it because it was kind of a polite thing, we shared the wormholes as gentlemen. (of course, only with neutrals, not enemies)

Changing it would make it easier for noobs, I agree.
 Back to top »
spacetrace
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:45 pm    Post subject:

i like your thoughts and the "gentleman style" - we don't want to lose that spirit here

anyway ... i already implemented it :

have a look:

i hope you like it nevertheless
 Back to top »
spacetrace
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:08 pm    Post subject:

i posted it in the announcements . it's on now.

pls. check your alliance screen , and if you are the moc : check your diplomacy screen - also findable under alliance.

be careful when declaring war - you cannot end it without a ceasfire request.

have fun
 Back to top »
Senor
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:14 pm    Post subject:

I love this!

seriously, this system is very good and improves and incourages alliance play.

Before today all alliances and wars were arbitrary and relied on people exclaiming about them on the forums. Now its very clear when you're at war with someone.

I suggest a new page where everyone can see the statuses of all ongoing wars. peace pacts should remain secret i think to encourage secret alliances.
And also there should be a hall of fame or history record of all wars that have been held between alliances along with score results. Then there is no more discussion about what alliance beat what alliance 3 years back in that really epic war
That means people will take wars more seriously also (results will be visible for everyone to see forever).

One issue though. What if there are wars with more than 2 alliances involved? How will winning be solved then. Maybe individual alliances could group together to form alliances of alliances...just something to think about.

yes, i love this system,

PS: XYZ just declared war on everyone except the Good Guys (we'll they are the good guys, right)
 Back to top »
spacetrace
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
One issue though. What if there are wars with more than 2 alliances involved? How will winning be solved then. Maybe individual alliances could group together to form alliances of alliances...just something to think about.

hehe ... meta wars
 Back to top »
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:34 pm    Post subject:

and you dont have a peace treaty with your own alliance though!

so if you want to battle against a member inside your alliance, you just have to set on attack or use a code other than the enemy
 Back to top »
streacer
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:07 pm    Post subject:

It seems that the Ignore button is not working properly yet (the button toggles, but it does nothing and resets).
 Back to top »
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:26 pm    Post subject:

stracer, you are right, i fixed it, it should work now.
had to do something with the storage of the tutorial state
 Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Suggestions » making the attitude system more convenient
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: